• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Another Hurricane Brewing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I’m watching closely here in Tn. My daughter is west of Orlando. I put the topper on the truck to carry supplies, generator, gas, whatever to her. I tried to get her to leave, but she won’t go.

Right now it’s up to a cat 5.

Just got notice from camp margaritaville Auburndale, all RVs to Evac by 5pm tomorrow

Not looking good. If not on the move yet out of this area probably time to go!
Roomer has it, before next month arrives florida faces a forced evacuation for several counties!!!

My nightly downloads confirm that roomer.

What a time to head west for the season. Just remember you can vote early, and hand your ballot in directly to the authorities as one of your preparations!!!

Looks like it's going to be a banner year for me. First the RV Park, and now my 2 places in Florida are smack in the middle of the projected path.
Jim i hear you. We just finished cleaning up our Carolina home and horse barn. Leaving to prep our Florida home in the morning. What a year ! After volunteering with Samaritans purse in Ashville last weekend , I feel very fortunate.

Yeah, if you haven’t left be prepared for traffic on at least the 75 side.

We spent 3 hours to go just over 100 miles. Friends that left after us spent 6 hours to go 137 miles.

Mandatory evacuations for at least Manatee and Sarasota counties. A lot of places turning off water to prevent contamination.

Stay safe all and will see some of you here at the Loves RV stop in Cordele.

I just finished texting my daughter who lives in Clermont Fl. This is what she said;
“The rest of the country is getting fear mongering news that Florida will be wiped out. We’re just asking who’s working Friday and what Publix’s modified hours are.”
According to her Lake county is still planning for school on Friday.

That of course cane change.

Yeah, if you haven’t left be prepared for traffic on at least the 75 side.

We spent 3 hours to go just over 100 miles. Friends that left after us spent 6 hours to go 137 miles.

Mandatory evacuations for at least Manatee and Sarasota counties. A lot of places turning off water to prevent contamination.

Stay safe all and will see some of you here at the Loves RV stop in Cordele.
highway 19 on the east coast of Florida might be an option. It goes all the way to Albany Ga

Clermont is quite a distance from the west coast where there will be massive damage. Yea, hearing the constant repeated news on it gets tiring but despite that and the mandatory evacuation from where we are up and above Tampa folks will stay and add to the post storm difficulty. We will be playing in traffic I’m sure heading east. Going to try staying on 41 if it looks clearer than 75.

Be safe everyone who’s affected and please don’t stay put. As they say “Hide from wind and run from water”

Latest resources

Back