• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Another Hurricane Brewing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well, we finally have a X on our county (Sarasota) for landfall. It's a scary looking storm. We are shuttered up, the coach is beside the house, the boats are pulled into the "L" made by our house/garage junction. We are armored up. We've been in this house since we built it in '98, thru many hurricanes, just not this strong of one. We are 10 miles from water so no worry of storm surge. I'm feeling safe but prayers welcome.

I am praying for all of us.

Btw, even outside of Fl getting gas or diesel can be touch and go. My wife reminded me that it is not only those escaping FL, but all of the relief workers, volunteers, power company trucks and supply trucks going to the disaster areas. So if you see it top off because you may have to sit at the next place waiting for a shipment.

Last edited:
Well, we finally have a X on our county (Sarasota) for landfall. It's a scary looking storm. We are shuttered up, the coach is beside the house, the boats are pulled into the "L" made by our house/garage junction. We are armored up. We've been in this house since we built it in '98, thru many hurricanes, just not this strong of one. We are 10 miles from water so no worry of storm surge. I'm feeling safe but prayers welcome.
I was discouraged by the last update. We are waiting to see the 11pm update. According to the local news they will adjust the landfall location again possibly then. As it slips further south it takes away some of our plans.

Rkins, hoping for the best. In reality the landfall location could change several times before tomorrow evening. Stay safe.

The RV Resort we used as a winter base for several years was located outside of Frostproof Florida (Rainbow RV Resort). They have about 500 sites divided between park models and RVs. It is probably 70% RV sites.

I would estimate that up to 100 RVs are left year around on sites there. They vary in sizes and type, from 40' coaches to 28' travel trailers. The management has never required these RVs to be tied down or secured in any way.

With the current track of Milton cutting across the State, as of this morning it will make almost a direct hit on Rainbow RV Resort as a strong storm. With sustained winds predicted over 80mph and gusts over 100mph I suspect some of these RVs could topple over.

Latest resources

Back