Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Any experience with suspension enhancement systems?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I see some 3/4 ton ram trucks have coil springs ? wondering, would that be the answer?
That's true. Our 2016 Ram has them. Big old springs they are indeed. What is funny about that is when I had a TT the truck would squat about 4 inches when I hooked up. It was a big TT and had a tongue weight of about 850lbs dry. Now I have a 5th wheel and the truck squats even less. I had expected it to squat more. I did add an airlift system to help level things out and I do pump about 30lbs in them to get the 5'er level. I can only think the truck gets pulled down more due to leverage
being further back than it does right on top of the axle. Could be wrong, just a guess. Still the springs are a non issue. The absolute biggest difference the truck has had is taking out the factory sway bar and putting on a Helwig Big Sway Bar. Night and day difference on how it rides and handles. Folks with truck campers will know this to be an absolute. OPS went in to ramble stage. Sorry.

To my knowledge, there are no alignment machines that will handle a connected truck and trailer. It’s hard enough to find an alignment shop that can accommodate a dually. Pin and hitch connection should allow the trailer to be level with the truck. When I bought my last 5th wheel prior to the one I have now, I bought it with the truck that had been towing it. The previous owner complained that the trailer frequently blew tires when they travelled. When I was having the trailer serviced, I noticed the trailer was tilted to the rear a bit. I had the service shop change the hitch setting to level the trailer with the truck. I never had a tire blowout on me. When you look at my current truck and trailer, they are level with each other. The rise in the front is not visually noticeable but the effect it has on front tire wear is. And, yes; I had two tire shops look at this problem. One said that was a characteristic of a dually while the other suggested I see a Ford dealer.
Is this the twin "I" beam suspension? if it is it is a thing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back