Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Any idea where the power inverter is?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

91CavGT

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Coachman
RV Model
Chaparral 360IBL
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2018 KIA Niro
Fulltimer
Yes
I’ve got a 2021 Chaparral 360IBL and I’m looking at doing some electrical upgrades to it. I checked all around in the basement, took panels off and checked around the furnace as well as the water heater and see nothing. Opened the front bay door where the battery is at and there’s nothing in there either. The power wires from the battery go to 4 circuit breakers, then go down into the enclosed underbelly.

I’m planning on replacing the battery that came with the RV for lithium batteries. Haven’t decided which one yet but have narrowed the options down quit a bit. The solar connection on the outside of the RV leads to a hefty set of 10 gauge wires so I’ll be connecting a beefy solar charge controller that I’ve already got to that. From the factory there was no charge controller which was surprising. Eventually I’d like to replace the inverter with a larger one to take advantage of the more powerful batteries, but I can’t do that if I can’t find it!

You might check the user manual. Does the model you have come with an inverter?

I opened up the zipper pouch that came with the RV. Luckily I found the model and serial number list of all the devices in the RV. On this list, there is not a power inverter listed.

So I kept looking around and researching. I did find a circuit breaker in the breaker/fuse panel that is labeled “generator”. It is going to take some digging around to find where these wires are, IF they were ran, to the front storage area. A power inverter could be connected to this 15 amp circuit, maybe.

I’ll be looking into this more after I get the lithium battery bank installed and will go from there. Thanks!

We have a 2017 Leprechaun and I found mine under the Dinette seating. I also sent an email to Coachman and asked for a wiring diagram they were very helpful and sent me one.

I have a 2010 Freedom Express 30 ft and the inverter box is under the bed in the back. These definitely need upgrade as factory installed ones are not hi quality. I changed mine and have never had a problem since.

Ditto under the bed is common

Latest resources

Back