Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Any options or specials that you probably wouldn’t do again?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Don't get WiFi Ranger and definitely don't get a smart remote when financed will be a $2K remote at the end of the term. I would never...

Don't get the dealer paint protection

Any thoughts about the built-in nav system? I’m inclined to not go there.
I’d offer your inclination is likely correct. Most built-in navigation systems are out of date before they are even installed.

I guess I'm an outcast when it comes to satellite. I have DTV, not a fan of the company hear Dish is much better. I would love to stream TV but, I really do for, because a lot of times I have lost service and am lucky if I can surf the web, (I'm on AT&T and camp wifi is normal a joke), the second I am worried about bandwidth caps. Last month I used 200GB and the month before was 350GB and that was without any streaming of TV. I need to do more research on better internet options.

I have a 2018 DSDP

I love the heated floors
I like the Girard slide toppers over the stock. I am careful when I put out the main awnings.
I add a conduit from the roof to the cabinet above driver seat to add a WiFi antenna for a Pepwave router.
I have a TV in front, almost didn't order it but glad I did. that is the one we use all the time. almost never use the elevator.
I have the two recliners like the theory behind them but not sure I would do it again. They need to be pulled out to be useful and don't sit level because of the slide gap cover. I like the cabinet between the two recliners, would check out the theater seat option if I buy a new coach, but when I saw them at Tampa the space between the two seats was a waste of space, not sure why they didn't add a draw to it.

@flarider I gotta say, if you’re not streaming and you’re using that much data each month, unless you’re doing something else really heavy you probably shouldn’t be seeing that much data usage. Is your wifi network secured with a password? If not, people are probably be jumping onto your network and using your internet to stream to their rigs. Feel free to DM me if you’re not sure. It’s hard for me to imagine myself using that much data without streaming.

Any thoughts about the built-in nav system? I’m inclined to not go there.
When I ordered my unit I asked if the Nav system was a truck or RV system. They said no. Therefore I concluded it would be useless. I got a good truck GPS instead and it, along with the truck AllStays app have keep me out of trouble.

When I ordered my unit I asked if the Nav system was a truck or RV system. They said no. Therefore I concluded it would be useless.
What?! I’d always been under the impression that the Nav system offered by Newmar was capable of routing by weight, size and length restrictions.

If that’s not the case that’s just shameful. There’s really no excuse for that. Plenty of good systems out there that can be integrated right into the dash. At the least, they could just ask FL what they use on commercial trucks optioned with a built-in nav and use that.

@flarider I gotta say, if you’re not streaming and you’re using that much data each month, unless you’re doing something else really heavy you probably shouldn’t be seeing that much data usage. Is your wifi network secured with a password? If not, people are probably be jumping onto your network and using your internet to stream to their rigs. Feel free to DM me if you’re not sure. It’s hard for me to imagine myself using that much data without streaming.
My Pepwave is secure. In July, my computer used 50GB (that is from TripMode) But for about. 10+ days I couldn't get online due to poor signal. I know my wife uses a bunch more due to her photos, when you use an iPhone it uploads to iCloud and downloads to the laptops and the DSLR go to iCloud. Plus it goes to amazon photo and OneDrive

Last edited:
That’s a lot of photos

My camera shoots 48mb raw. We routinely end up with 30gb of images to process after a days activities.

We have had to remind ourselves to turn off the backup and sync tools in the RV until we have removed the unwanted photos. Can really drag the internet to a halt

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back