Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Any suggestions for a safe overnight stop between Kettlemen City, CA and Lost Hills, CA? My go to place is not allowing overnight parking anymore. Harris Ranch is always full. Apparently the koa in lost hills has gone down hill. Anyone stayed at Bravo Farms? Buttonwillow rest area?

Bravo Farms does allow overnight parking. It's a fun place to browse as may already know 😉

I’d stop at Harris to see - was just there on a weekday last week and it was quite open. I didn’t stay as I was just passing through but stopped to pick up a prime NY. Also interesting to see the progress on their RV park.

And if that doesn’t work out, 10 miles south is the Almond Tree Oasis RV park. Nothing special (at all) but a good secure place to over night for $60 with full hook ups. It’s a smallish park with narrow sites and the access roads are a little tight but I’ve seen 40’+ coaches in there so I’m sure you could make it work. Ask for a site on the West side of the park that will have your coach pointed NW to make it easier getting in and out.

Exit 325 Almond Tree Oasis RV Park
IMG_3780.jpeg

IMG_3781.jpeg

I’d stop at Harris to see - was just there on a weekday last week and it was quite open. I didn’t stay as I was just passing through but stopped to pick up a prime NY. Also interesting to see the progress on their RV park.

And if that doesn’t work out, 10 miles south is the Almond Tree Oasis RV park. Nothing special (at all) but a good secure place to over night for $60 with full hook ups. It’s a smallish park with narrow sites and the access roads are a little tight but I’ve seen 40’+ coaches in there so I’m sure you could make it work. Ask for a site on the West side of the park that will have your coach pointed NW to make it easier getting in and out.

Exit 325 Almond Tree Oasis RV Park
View attachment 25736
When is the Harris ranch park going to open? Long overdue since they closed the west side truck parking over two years ago.

When is the Harris ranch park going to open? Long overdue since they closed the west side truck parking over two years ago.
The pads and utilities are in. I would say spring of next year at the latest. Almond tree is my alternative if Harris is full and that also avoids another $200 dinner and a whole lot of calories and drinks I don’t need,

Pulling my bus into Harris is tight in that parking lot, and whenever I have, there are no spaces left when I get there as I always get there too late. But the steak dinner is primo.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back