Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Any solutions for repairing the drain hose connection from the kitchen sink?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

C1470R

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Coachmen
RV Model
Sportscoach 403QS
RV Length
Any solutions for repairing the drain hose connection from the kitchen sink? The hose moves as the slide travels in and out and it breaks off from where it attaches to the rigid drain pipe. I am thinking a more flexible hose?
drain hose.jpg

I have no solid info on your repair. I think you are on track, it will need to be very flexible. Hit the plumbing dept at HD have good pics on your phone to make sure to get the right fittings.

Not sure of the diameter on your rig but in many cases pool hose works well. Maybe yours need to be a little longer?

Not sure of the diameter on your rig but in many cases pool hose works well. Maybe yours need to be a little longer?
Your advice is sound...we have a 1-1/2" diameter hose and a pool vacuum hose was what I recommended to the dealer for repair. I actually went and bought all the parts myself and took them to the Service department. I want them to make the repair to keep my warranty intact since it is brand new but I am pretty confident that adding a slip tube into the current rigid ABS fixture and then having ~6" of the slip tube inserted into the hose also so that the slip tube can be cinched with zip ties and takes the force of the movement, not a piece of hose that was glued into a 1/4" transition. Very poor design by Coachmen. I will update once repair has been made.

I have no solid info on your repair. I think you are on track, it will need to be very flexible. Hit the plumbing dept at HD have good pics on your phone to make sure to get the right fittings.
I did make the trip to Home Depot and bought a 1-1/2" ID pool vacuum hose and slip joint with fittings and took them to the Service department. I want them to make the repair to keep my warranty intact since it is brand new but I am pretty confident that adding a slip tube into the current rigid ABS fixture and then having ~6" of the slip tube inserted into the hose also so that the slip tube can be cinched with zip ties and takes the force of the movement, not a piece of hose that was glued into a 1/4" transition. Very poor design by Coachmen. I will update once repair has been made.

If your still in warranty, absolutely they take care of it.

Latest resources

Back