Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Anybody else have issues dual fueling at truck pumps?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I've noticed that on my 2023 Newmar New Aire that if I use both pumps to fill my diesel fuel tank, one side will overflow before the auto shutoff, spilling about a full cup or more of diesel down the side of the coach. I can fuel off the main or off the satellite pump alone with no issues, but using both at the same time doesn't end well. Anybody else have this issue or am I just the lucky one?

Thanks,
-Mark
I've noticed that on my 2023 Newmar New Aire that if I use both pumps to fill my diesel fuel tank, one side will overflow before the auto shutoff, spilling about a full cup or more of diesel down the side of the coach. I can fuel off the main or off the satellite pump alone with no issues, but using both at the same time doesn't end well. Anybody else have this issue or am I just the lucky one?

Thanks,
-Mark
I have used both pumps to speed the process. You need to be aware that doing this you cause a lot of turbulence in the tank. I shut down the secondary pump early to avoid missive surge. Unfortunately even when filling with one pump you can still get an overflow. Slow down the pump when nearing full point.

I too will use both pumps when I'm pretty sure it will be over 100 gls. I pay attention and somewhere near 75 gallons I stop the slave pump and then begin to slow the master pump down. I've found I'm pretty good using the Freightliner dash to estimate by taking it's number plus 10-20% for Oasis and Gen.

Truth be told I was simply trying to be courteous when there were trucker(s) in line behind me by getting out of their way faster given I'm in their lanes as I use my Open Roads discount fuel card. Anyways, given the design of the tank and the fill spout connections on my Newmar, I will try no more. From now on only one side or the other with the opposite side capped. I will be making a list though of other RVers with Class A rigs I see doing this and noting down the make / models that don't seem to have this issue. Thanks all for the responses.

Best,
-Mark

Latest resources

Back