• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Anyone else afraid to travel?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not sure if you've heard about the Seattle situation. Then some boardwalk areas. I think when I do go I'll not be going out past sunset.

Yeah, Seattle is one of the exceptions.

J.J.,
I would not be concerned about St Augustine FL. Law abiding citizens are well armed. The local Polk County sheriff encourages people to arm themselves and “ blow out anyone trying to enter their home uninvited”. Not making it up.
It is on the YouTube.
We are in Gaffney KOA for a week. Transient coaches vary between 2-6. The place is empty.
Just went downtown and sat at outside a coffee shop, and everyone is very friendly. Even people passing in a car or pickup trucks wave and say hello (maybe because Doris is with me?) Love the south.?
View attachment 2340

Bully, Sheriff Judd in Polk County is not one to fool with. My sister is close friends with his family and she loves them.
St. Augustine is in St. John's County, and my brother-in-law is a Deputy there. They have very little issues if any. Told me they had one guy with a BLM poster on a street corner.
One Deouty behind him in parking lot, and another across the street in a parking lot. No issues! Hmmm, wonder why??
On a serious note, crime rate is quite low and area is safe. One of the reasons we are building down there. This ol Virginia boy looking forward to becoming a "Floridian" and getting away from this IDIOT Governor in Virginia!
Sorry, not trying to make a political post, but it's the truth!
Safe travels and enjoy the beauty that this nation has to offer!

Left NC this morning, headed for Penscaola FL. Went through Atlanta and wow, it was a ghost town. Well, maybe not a ghost town, but in all my years of driving up/down I85, I've never seen it this deserted. Nobody walking up or down the middle of the interstate either. (good for them, lol)

But no, I'm to ornery to be afraid to travel. Two German Shepherds, I'm armed and Trish is armed. l'd hate to have to use any of what we have but at my age, I'm not up to fighting anymore.

I’m too fat to run, and too old to fight. That’s why I cary. ?

We have 3 trips planned to a private campground in the mountains a few hours away. We know the owners. I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to mess with them.

We also have a large trail clean up event, held in a private park, where Jeepers from all over the state attend every September. Nobody wants to mess with a large group of grumpy old Jeepers either. It wouldn't work out well for them.

I lived in the greater Seattle area for 15 years about 20 years ago. From Bellingham to Olympia and everywhere in-between. Things started to get weird back then, and traffic was getting really bad. I got tired of moving every year to be close to the company's new work property, and not have to deal with traffic. I got the heck out of Dodge and moved to the east side of the state. I haven't been to Seattle since, except to catch a connecting flight at Sea-Tac. It was once a beautiful city.

"Afraid to travel?" No! Careful about where we travel, and when? Yes!

We just stay away from areas where people like to gather to do things we don't want to be involved in. It is a lot easier to avoid trouble than it is to get yourself out of it!

TJ

We have been on the road for about 5 weeks now between vacation, home issues, and work telling me to remote. We avoided Virginia Beach two weeks ago because it was getting nasty at night. Looked at perceived safer options and avoided more urban places.

Latest resources

Back