Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Anyone Know of a Good Quality Electric Water Heater?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

BriarRV

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Gulf Stream
RV Model
TRAILMASTER 260 BH
RV Length
30 ft
Fulltimer
Yes
I always stay at places with full electric hookups and spend most of the cold months plugged into my grandfather's house in WV, so it would be more cost-efficient for me to switch to an electric setup to save on propane costs.

Currently, I have a 6 gal Atwood G6A-8E propane water heater, but I've been looking for a water heater that is able to run entirely off of electricity, without any propane needed. Preferably tankless or 6+ gallons.
I'm the only person living in my RV so I don't use a lot of water, and I take your typical short showers required of an RV.

Does anyone have experience with electric water heaters, and can you recommend me anything specific that could do what I want?

You can get an Atwood 6 gallon heater that has both electric and gas. I have one and rarely does the electric get shut off. With the propane I can have hot water anytime. Here is a picture of one:
1614649357534.png

I always stay at places with full electric hookups and spend most of the cold months plugged into my grandfather's house in WV, so it would be more cost-efficient for me to switch to an electric setup to save on propane costs.

Currently, I have a 6 gal Atwood G6A-8E propane water heater, but I've been looking for a water heater that is able to run entirely off of electricity, without any propane needed. Preferably tankless or 6+ gallons.
I'm the only person living in my RV so I don't use a lot of water, and I take your typical short showers required of an RV.

Does anyone have experience with electric water heaters, and can you recommend me anything specific that could do what I want?
My Landmark has only electric and is very reliable. I used on-demand electric in my home and gas in Europe. They are great. I cannot give you any tips on brand or model but you could check specs on 2008 Landmark Cape Cod by Heartland and get details. My utility bills are paid quarterly and are very reasonable. My sister tried to have electric installed in her Forest River Riverstone and was told it couldn't be done. She's stuck with propane. Park near a Bathhouse.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back