Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Anyone use fuel locking caps on their RV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Heck, I very seldom lock my basement compartments much less my fuel tank. If someone wants to steal something I would rather not have the coach messed up by some idiot with a crowbar. Maybe I’ll put a locking cap on my DEF tank?

@Neal mentioned bike, I have to say that even though I believe most places are okay I am finding bikes are #1 things stolen. Last place I was staying I had DW & my bike locked together with cable bike lock. Woke up one morning to find cable cut and my Cannondale gone?

This is why my Blackvue 1-CH Dashcam in my MH is always on and I use the power magic pro to keep the Dashcam 2-CH (front and rear) on as long as possible to try to catch events like this.

Stealing diesel with 1/2” hose, could be long process, me thinks?
I agree! That said, locking caps might deter a vandal from putting something bad in the fuel tank. We don't use them...yet...but may consider doing so in the future for that reason.

TJ

Have them on both fuel caps for the coach...and the single fuel cap for the Jeep... Not sure if they are of any real benefit. But, I figure it’s less likely to be vandalized.

Nope, there's never anything in there anyway.

Latest resources

Back