Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Are used coaches reselling at the same offset as Newmar's new pricing?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
While I didn't do much research I do see listings from time to time on social media, etc. What is apparent, I believe, is used pricing is still selling at typical price points that are not offset (higher) by Newmar's price increases. For example, if a Ventana is now selling new at twice of what they were in 2017, why aren't 2017's selling for twice the used price of what they did? Comprendez?

I wish this were the case! Buyers market…trying to sell my 2018 Ventana at what I think is a reasonable price (way less than purchase price) and no interest so its overpriced in todays market. Trade in value offer from a dealer was about $40,000 less

Used woodworking machinery is what I have my hands in most of the time. Kinda apples to oranges comparing that to coaches as the really good domestic machinery is predominantly from 40+ years ago. Prices have gone up but not outside of inflation. Sure, there's plenty of dreamers & crack heads but mostly everything is up 10-15% reflecting the reduced dollar value.
I'm still perpetually shopping and a used class C is looking appealing vs. a larger truck & a ~30' TT. Deals are out there and I'm guessing will remain so with high fuel prices and dementia in charge.

The used motorhome pricing that seems to be out of control is that of the Class B & C motorhomes built on the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis. Some from even 2018 appear to be going for almost what their MSRP was back in the day. Now they haven't almost doubled in price, like the MSRPs on their newer models on this platform, but to not lose hardly anything on depreciation? Crazy...

I've seen that. My cousin bought a patriot on that platform and it gets OK mileage but is slow as molasses in winter. Not something I'll ever be ingested in.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back