• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Answered Autofill settings?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
How big is this section of the operators manual and curious as to what this awesome feature costs? Sure beats my process of flipping on the "fill" valve and turning it back when the water comes out. ;)

How big is this section of the operators manual and curious as to what this awesome feature costs? Sure beats my process of flipping on the "fill" valve and turning it back when the water comes out. ;)
"Manual?" What is this "manual" thing you speak of? Every RV we've ever owned just came with a book full of legalese warnings. :ROFLMAO:

Autofill was not an option on our coach. I think most or all of the Newmar line has autofill in some form or another. Apparently, the ability to set start and stop fill levels, however, is only available on those models with the SilverLeaf control system. It is not an "option" either; the model lines above Dutch Star have it as a standard feature.

TJ

To fix this problem, I recalibrated my full tank to be the point 10 gallons prior to overfill.

Guess we are lucky, ours worked fine from the get go, starts to autofill at about 45%, and stops at 95% full. For those with the neat shower water heat bypass thing. Make sure the tank is not full when using it, as it will take city water, warm it up and return it to the FW tank. Hope this helps.

It’s interesting that Silverleaf has a means to calibrate the empty setting but not a full setting. My understanding is that the sensors are pressure sensors and doing the recalibration tells Silverleaf what value it should receive from the sensor to correlate to empty. As for how it knows how full the tank is, I can only surmise that it uses the tank size to determine what pressure value the sensor should get for a full tank and calculates the percentage full based on these value.

Does that make sense?

On the old MH, we had Silverleaf system. Good and bad in everything, you could only fill tank through SL system, no SL, forget filling the tank. The OEM then put in the wrong sensors, so after I was told by SL they were the wrong ones, we had them change them to the correct ones. A couple hundred for that, but they worked excellent on all the tanks. Not sure in the new ones if there is a manual override setting or anyway to fill tank if SL is down. One reason we went with lower end unit, although if I hit the big one, might opt for the MA with the 450HP Cummins engine in it. We looked at one, and the SL system seemed easy to figure out based on my previous experience.

Silverleaf is one of the few companies with excellent customer service, don't ask dealer, don't wait on Newmar, call Silverleaf direct, they can help you with anything, fast, smart and customer oriented people.

FYI, the KIB panel DOES have this feature of calibrating your sensors. The settings have to be accessed by holding your finger down in the display for 22 seconds. There, you’ll see a number of advanced features, so be carefully what you do!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back