Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Capen2468

RVF Regular
Taking a trip from Greenville NC to Buffalo NY . Does anyone know a route I could go that avoids Washington ? Does anyone use a GPS specifically for RVs ?

If you do a forum search for GPS, you'll find a number of threads on RV GPS.

Safe Travels.

Not a clue my friend. We have been putting off doing the eastern side of the U.S. for two years now. It was the last section of the country to wanted to explore but too many negatives out that direction right now.

Someone will be along with the info you seek I'm sure.

Taking a trip from Greenville NC to Buffalo NY . Does anyone know a route I could go that avoids Washington ? Does anyone use a GPS specifically for RVs ?
From Carolina cut over to I 81 north around Washington and Baltimore. Then figure out route to Buffalo.

If you go to Richmond , then take I64 to I81 you avoid the mess around DC. Yes highly recommend RV specific GPS and plenty of info /reviews on forum.

If you go to Richmond , then take I64 to I81 you avoid the mess around DC. Yes highly recommend RV specific GPS and plenty of info /reviews on forum.
Exactly what I would do and take 288 (the western most loop) around Richmond to get to 64. I’ve driven my 35’ coach towing a trailer through Richmond and it isnt as bad as some big cities, but as a rule I avoid them all unless I have a specific reason to get involved.

I use the Garmin 890 which I find perfectly acceptable and it is capable of more than I need, but they have a 10” version out now (RV1090) that I would prefer just for the screen size. Ive had a couple Magellan RV specific units and definitely prefer Garmin.

Latest resources

Back