Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Awning only works on shore power.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rmcruiser

RVF Regular
I have a 24’ Rockwood mini light. Just installed 2 AGM 100 ah each. Still not working my awning. This model has a converter/inverter. Doesn’t work outlets, microwave, a/c, etc. when not w shore power. Why ?

Draws too much power? I know the microwave in my Coachmen only works on shore power.

It's possible that the inverter is only wired to handle a few things such as the TV. Microwave ovens and A/C's draw way too much current for most inverters.

Also they make sure awnings can not deploy while driving?

Other than the awning, what else on the 12-volt system doesn't work? Is the battery switch OFF? Typically the awning is operated from the 12-volt system and, other than to charge the batteries, shore power is not needed for the awning.

The microwave, and/or the air conditioner both draw lots of power and are dedicated to only shore power operation.

The onboard converter charges the batteries and supplies 12 volts of DC to the systems, i.e. water pump, lights, furnace fan, etc.

The inverter, if supplied, is converting 12 volts DC to 120 volts AC for such items as TV and a limited number of outlets.

Bob

Latest resources

Back