Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

dschock

RVF Regular
Happy Fourth of July! Decided to join this forum for more "day dreaming" fodder! Retiring in 6 months and hoping to be out of Phoenix heat next summer! I haven't bought anything yet so open to any and all ideas. I want to explore this GREAT country we live in!!!

Welcome. Your will get all kind of advice on a Travel Trailer here. My wife and I are both retired and we bought a Forest River Alpha Wolf 22SW-L in May of 2020. The set up is made just for two and we love our's.

I pull ours with a Ford F-150 Lariat, Ecoboost engine, FX4 Max Tow Package , and I added a set of Firestone air springs. My trailer is 27'2" long. My opinion on tow vehicles is simple. Anything 28' or less can be towed but a 1/2 ton. Anything over 28' you need a 3/4 ton or 1 ton. If you look at a 3/4 ton with a gas engine look at a rearend at 373 or 410. Makes a difference in pulling. That is just my opinion. Others may have different opinion.

Perfect! I've been drooling over 2021 1/2 ton with similar options. This helps confirm my research. Where have you gone? Anything out of Phoenix will involve mountains.

All over Texas. Haven't left the state yet. A lot to see here. We are planning an out of state trip this fall.

Latest resources

Back