• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Baby back ribs - suggestions?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

My BBQ was so so...until I found the barbecuebible. They have a forum, with sub forums for different grills and cooking methods. I learned a lot of techniques that don't even get mentioned normally. Never had a bad result afterward. When your ready...check out "Smokin' a fatty"... omg... coronary on a serving platter.

-----‐----‐-----------

Retired...Chargriller with Side fire box... Owner now vegetarian... (Who takes advice on Ribs from a veg head??? )

My BBQ was so so...until I found the barbecuebible. They have a forum, with sub forums for different grills and cooking methods. I learned a lot of techniques that don't even get mentioned normally. Never had a bad result afterward. When your ready...check out "Smokin' a fatty"... omg... coronary on a serving platter.

-----‐----‐-----------

Retired...Chargriller with Side fire box... Owner now vegetarian... (Who takes advice on Ribs from a veg head??? )
That looks like the answer, will try next batch.

Slide off the bone tender...but the last hour (maybe less with baby backs) gives it a toothsome bite. (Sheesh...gotta quit thinking about it.). When you pull them out of the tent...they are very tender. Too tender. The final hours helps firm them up perfectly.

Fall off the bone tender? 321 FTC. Basic smoking technique for tender ribs. I do this on a pellet smoker at home, but the same can be applied to a charcoal pit.
First off I smoke them at 225 for 3 hours, wrap in foil with a little liquid of choice, apple juice, beer, BBQ sauce, what ever for 2 hours. Then remove, still in the foil and wrap in a large, beach type towel & place in a clean, dry cooler (no ice!) for at least 1 hour, more is actually better.
Cook time is 3,2,1 and the FTC is Foil, Towel, Cooler.
Guaranteed to be tender.

That’s the way I have seen the pros do it. It’s a lot of work but worth the wait.

Will you guys stop this? I'm getting hungry for ribs and the weather here isn't conducive for me to stand outside cooking them. :ROFLMAO:

I know...I know...time to buy a pellet grill/smoker. Working on it, but it isn't here NOW! :(

TJ

Latest resources

Back