Ford F-53, 26,000GVWR
Engine
Ford V-10
TOW/TOAD
2017 Gmc Terrain & 2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR-2
Fulltimer
No
Hey All;

We are back from Napanee for our service/warranty visit. Newmar is really busy, I think there were 48 or 50 coaches there on Sunday evening.

The "Covid 19" test each morning at 5:45-6:00 was a bit of a challenge, but everyone took it in stride.

All warranty items were addressed & repaired. BUT, there was one small issue. The kitchen faucet replacement was rotated 90 degrees, placing the handle in the middle of the sinks, meaning that unless the head is rotated far enough to one side or the other; one gets a wet arm. Lack of attention to detail. And interestingly enough, by rotating it, the tech reversed the hot/cold water lines. Total inattention to detail!
Waiting to hear back from Newmar on this item.
However, let me say that the paint & body work done were flawless. One could not tell where the coach had been sabotaged! At this point, I'm extremely happy with it. 12 months from now will tell the real tale, re fading or discoloration.

While in paint/body shop; Newmar sent us to Oakwood Resort on Lake Wawasee. A beautiful place , wonderful amenities, and a clear water lake. We enjoyed the break from the Virginia temperatures, as it was 51-53 each morning, & anywhere from 69-75 during the day!
And you can eat outside and not be bothered by bugs! I was amazed!:)

All in all, a good trip.

If you need an appointment, think they are booking into November now! Just an "FYI"!

Here's hoping that everyone has had a good couple of weeks, and it's good to be back home!

And interestingly enough, by rotating it, the tech reversed the hot/cold water lines.
That’s actually one of the items on my punch list for them to correct in a couple weeks. Then we’ll have to learn the faucet all over again!

glad to hear paint work was good. I have some self inflicted wounds to be corrected.

we decided to stay at an AirBnB instead of the campground as we thought it might speed up their work and we wouldn’t have to get everyone up at 5am. Not fun with kids.

We just booked today for the week of November 30. Still deciding if I want to stay or just leave it until completed.

We just booked today for the week of November 30. Still deciding if I want to stay or just leave it until completed.
If you have kids or aren’t typically an early riser, I probably wouldn’t recommend it. Plenty of good places to stay that are close by - a surprising amount of nice AirBnB spots.
We just figured it can stay inside, that’s another spot for someone at the campground that really needs it, we don’t have to wake up, Newmar doesn’t have to turn over the coach and disinfect it each day after turnover, and they can get to work on it faster each day with us out of the way. I still plan to drop in on it every other day to get an update and see how things are progressing. Other than that though, seems less stress to us. YMMV.

That’s actually one of the items on my punch list for them to correct in a couple weeks. Then we’ll have to learn the faucet all over again!

glad to hear paint work was good. I have some self inflicted wounds to be corrected.

we decided to stay at an AirBnB instead of the campground as we thought it might speed up their work and we wouldn’t have to get everyone up at 5am. Not fun with kids.

I plan to have the water lines corrected, and hopefully the faucet rotated 90 degrees to where it was originally installed. Tech failed to notice the original location of the control valve!

We did the AirBNB thing during our FPU/CPU - as the kids didn't want to get up each day at 5am. I spent most of the time in the coach alone, but the family did spend a night in it to help with final shake down.

I’m an early riser for work so the 5:00AM awakening is no big deal. We were there in 2018 for end of warranty punch list stuff. My son loved the trip, but of course it revolved around the food. It might be just the wife and I this time so maybe a AirB&B.

Latest resources

Back