Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RVDH

RVF Newbee
Hi, my name is Reinier, I'm new to this forum and would like to ask the community on cameras. I'm interested in reliability of course but more so to cover blind spots better and see what's behind me. I have a Montana High Country 353RL fifth wheel and have been looking at the wireless and wired systems, however online reviews aren't always reliable and wanted some feedback from real users. Any info would be appreciated.

Hey there!
I was "gifted" an AMTIFO camera setup for Father's Day this year and absolutely love the image quality of the provided cameras and screen. I HAVE had issues with reception while flying down the freeway but the seller (on Amazon) was amazingly fast to attempt to rectify the issue by sending me some antenna extenders. For the price and support I would choose their brand any day over the more overpriced main-stream producers of these cameras.

Welcome Reinier! Glad you joined our group.

I assume you are towing your fiver with a truck that has 2-view mirrors, possibly a 3/4 or 1 ton. What I have found is that I really don't need side mirrors when towing with my F350. Due to the mirror configuration there are no blind spots.

With my DP Class A there was a very small blind spot on the passenger side front so the side view cameras were helpful. Even at that I always depended on my mirrors first before checking a camera view. I guess my point here is many times in heavy multiple lane interstate traffic you may not have a lot of time to check both mirrors and a camera view while trying to keep an eye on traffic in front of you when changing lanes. Just throwing out a different prospective based on my experiences.

I have a Furrion camera on the back of the 5th wheel. It lets me see anything coming up behind me and is helpful in letting me see when I can pull in after passing. I installed it when I still had the 2002 truck. The new truck has cameras that show the side of the trailer when turn signals are activated. The truck also has excellent side mirrors and blind spot alerts so the rear camera is not really needed now.

But, to answer your question, the Furrion does exactly what it is advertised to do. I have never lost signal with it and the trailer is 38'.

Latest resources

Back