RV Model
2507s
RV Length
26ft
TOW/TOAD
2021 Ram 1500 4x4 laramie 1, southwest package, off-road package. 3.92 rear end
Fulltimer
No
My wife wants me to get the furrion back up and side view cameras installed before we pick up our trailer in two weeks. I don't feel like I need them, but agree they could come in handy. I'm curious as to how well they work traveling down the road. I don't want to spend the $800 on something if it doesn't work very well. Anyone have these installed? Are they worth the money?

Well, I don't have any experience with Furion. Do you want the cameras on your tow vehicle? I never had them on my tow vehicle when I had the trailer. The rear view would have been helpful for hooking up. A rear view camera on the trailer would have been very helpful,, before I bought5 the tow mirrors (as I could not see which direction the back of the trailer was headed). That being said, I am not sure whether or not side cameras on the tow vehicle would be able to see the side of the trailer. If they were on the trailer, that might help.

Now on the motorhome I find the rear view camera to be most useful. This is for backing up, as I am solo. The side view cameras are only a confirmation of what I see in the mirrors, on the road. They are useful for backing up as well. Currently I have a voyager system. The cameras seem to function well. On the previous MH, I had an RVS system. I had to replace the right side camera (it died), and the rear camera (became fuzzy and unusable at night). The replacement, eventually did the same thing. I only had the MH 5 years.

That probably did not help much. Hopefully someone using them with a trailer will chime in. I wish you the best and many years of happy camping.

I have the Furrion cameras installed on my 24' cargo trailer that I pull behind a Ram 2500. I can say unequivocally that they are fantastic. The image quality and wide image frame are excellent for giving you great situational awareness around your trailer. I have the wireless screen unit in the cab of the truck and they connect quickly and reliably every time. My only nit on the setup is that the antenna on the screen unit seems pretty flimsy and I'm certain that I will eventually break it. I did the installation of the cameras myself and that was a whole other can of worms involving having to drill into steal support trusses in my trailer to get access to power. There were many NSFW phrases uttered that day I can tell you. But once installed they have performed beautifully.

Thanks for your input! I think I'm going to purchase the rear camera. It seems it would be very handy!

Thanks for your input! I think I'm going to purchase the rear camera. It seems it would be very handy!
How did the rear camera work out for you while driving? I had a different brand and it was pretty unreliable. If the Furrion is reliable I may go in that that direction for the back of my travel trailer.

I have a hard wired camera on the back of my trailer. The only problem(s) I have had was with the plug on the truck. I consider it one of the better things to have.

Latest resources

Back