Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Texanusa

RVF Newbee
Are there any cameras out there that can integrate with the 2020 Silverado Infotainment console so that a separate monitor isn’t needed?

Tricky. It could be possible using a video feed Switcher, the premise being your Switcher is basically a Y harness that takes in two camera feeds and allows you to switch between the two.

You’d have to pull your infotainment unit to install it, then add your second camera.

Are there any cameras out there that can integrate with the 2020 Silverado Infotainment console so that a separate monitor isn’t needed?
The only one I found was available from GM--and they were backordered when I looked a month ago. I managed to find one at a dealership. It really works well. Of course I've since upgraded to an HD pickup and now can't use the camera system. Let me know if you're interested in case you don't find a different one.

The only one I found was available from GM--and they were backordered when I looked a month ago. I managed to find one at a dealership. It really works well. Of course I've since upgraded to an HD pickup and now can't use the camera system. Let me know if you're interested in case you don't find a different one.
Oh nice. Can you send me a link to the one you can’t use anymore? How much you lookin to sell it for?

Oh nice. Can you send me a link to the one you can’t use anymore? How much you lookin to sell it for?
Here's the link: Trailer Auxiliary Camera Replaced by Part Number 84946379 - GM (84876818) | GMPartsDirect.com
You may have to go to GM parts direct and use the part number shown if this link won't work.
They don't provide a particularly good description of it but it is essentially the camera needed to enjoy the "invisible trailer" function. One caveat--it only works with a maximum trailer length hitch-to rear bumper of 32'. There is a rather intensive menu of getting this set up to work properly, and it's described in your owner's manual. Check to be sure your specs are within those parameters. We used it once and it worked perfectly. I paid $500 for it, will take $350 firm, and will ship it to you free. Or--maybe you can find one at a Chevy or GMC dealer--they may have one laying around.

Ahhh that’s awesome. I need to make my next purchase a good set of tires and get rid of these China bombs. We’re primarily going to MX races that don’t have hookups so we have to ride fully loaded with water plus parking in fields doing a little bit of off roading. The China bombs worry me. I may reach back out and see if you’re still looking to sell the camera after I swap out tires.

Ahhh that’s awesome. I need to make my next purchase a good set of tires and get rid of these China bombs. We’re primarily going to MX races that don’t have hookups so we have to ride fully loaded with water plus parking in fields doing a little bit of off roading. The China bombs worry me. I may reach back out and see if you’re still looking to sell the camera after I swap out tires.
Sounds good. I have some China bombs on mine too. I'll give them this season and see how they look next spring. Will likely replace them. Don't understand why all mfr's use these tiny little 15" tires so support RV weights--makes me nervous especially on hot days. I have to believe a bigger, beefier tire would solve a bunch of handling and temperature related issues. In the qty they build trailers the cost diff couldn't be much!

Latest resources

Back