Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
From a combination of parts I had on hand and a couple I ordered via Amazon, I managed to create this Banjo-to-threaded sewer adapter.

Banjo adapter-1.JPG

Banjo adapter-6.JPG

Obviously, this version would only work if you have a female Banjo quick-coupler installed on the end of your Sani-Con hose. Banjo does offer a female version of the 90-degree quick-coupler as well, so the design could be changed easily enough. Because of the different types of plastic involved, I did not glue the bushing and threaded adapter in. They fit very snugly and I secured the assembly with four #6 stainless steel metal screws. It seems pretty durable.

TJ

Last edited:
Very interesting concept @TJ&LadyDi as I hate the sani-con fitting that goes in the ground. I may take this as a design challenge to see if I an retrofit something as well as I like connectors like below. I'd need some male end that goes on the end of sanicon to twist on to this. Right now I like my sani-con in its original form, pull it out and put it in the ground and not dealing with even banjo's so I'm still weighing the whole situation and how to optimize it if possible. The extension is the only time disruption comes into play, 98% of the time drop it through the hole, place into sewer connector, put bean bag on top and done.

connector.png

@Neal , Thanks, ordered. Guess you have to be extra careful to not “lose your marbles”!!

I filled my sewer bag with pea rock..maybe some river stones too - easy purchase in the garden section of Home Depot or the like.

Marbles gives @Neal something to play with when he gets bored. Rocks/stones seems like the practical solution.

Neal C, I have what you have. Camping world has new gaskets, since all the unhooking and rehooking wear them out in about 90 days. Believe they sell two sets of them in one kit. But, another solution so I don't have to take it apart would be nice as the OP provided. Does it raise it up off the ground too high so you lose the slope needed for water to run downhill?

Does it raise it up off the ground too high so you lose the slope needed for water to run downhill?

It is higher, maybe someone out camping can provide pics. My next outing is not until July.

Latest resources

Back