RV Make
Gulf Stream
RV Model
Envision SVT21QBS
RV Length
22' 6"
Fulltimer
No
So I have a new Gulf Stream SVT21QBS trailer with a quick connect for Barbecues, stoves, etc. When I hook up our (also new) Weber Q1000 it barely gets hot, or just blows out entirely. The Weber works with the portable propane bottles fine. I looked at the gas line on the trailer, and don't see any regulator (other than the one that connects directly to the propane tank) - but to be honest I wouldn't know what to look for. Is this a problem with the Weber pressure regular, or is the dedicated line from the trailer most likely the problem? Thanks for any input.
John B

Your coach most likely has a regulator attached. In order to use your Weber on the coach system you will need to remove the regulator on the Weber. You will then, however, not be able to use the portable tanks. I would stick to using a small portable tank with the Weber.

Your coach most likely has a regulator attached. In order to use your Weber on the coach system you will need to remove the regulator on the Weber. You will then, however, not be able to use the portable tanks. I would stick to using a small portable tank with the Weber.
Thank you for your insight. I did a little surfing, and discovered the

Converta Q2 WEBER® Q RV Quick-Connect Kit​

It's ~ $50, and like you said, would make my grill a trailer only grill. It's a bit pricey for what it is, but for me this might be acceptable as I was looking for a dedicated trail BBQ. I might get it, or I might keep looking for other options. Thanks again!

At one time I actually set up my Weber regulator with a quick disconnect that allowed me to reconnect the regulator when I wanted to use a portable tank.

If your grill works with your portable 1 lb "Coleman" propane bottle it won't work with the port provided by your camper. The bottle is high pressure and the camper is low pressure (by law they have to comply with this).
You either have to have a dedicated propane bottle or use the one from the camper without the regulator or get a grill that works with low pressure (not too efficient)

Thanks guys. I think I'll keep the Weber and convert it to low pressure using the above kit.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back