RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40"
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
All my outlets in the basement don’t work. I went to reset the GFCI but it doesn’t reset. Neither the test or reset can push it.

I am guessing it needs replaced, but it looks very specific t the rig - both the color and the size.

Thanks in advance.

2021 Newmar Ventana 4037

All my outlets in the basement don’t work. I went to reset the GFCI but it doesn’t reset. Neither the test or reset can push it.

I am guessing it needs replaced, but it looks very specific t the rig - both the color and the size.

Thanks in advance.

2021 Newmar Ventana 4037
A gfci will not trip if no power is present. Check the breaker!

Thanks Kevin - the power was on. Any direction on where to find the breaker? Also even without power wouldn’t the buttons on the GFCI still be able to be pushed in? Mine do not - but I am no electrical guy

How far they push in will depend on manufacturer. The answer to where the breakers are others here will have to tell you.

Side note: electrical devices must be UL approved so a trip to the hardware store should be all that is needed for a replacement.

A number of outlets can be chained to your device. Anything plugged into any of those outlets that give a ground path can trip it. Make sure nothing else is plugged in, replacement is not always the problem. Very unlikely on a coach that new unless it was faulty from the factory.

be sure to get the same amperage as the one that appears to be bad. ie: 15 or 20 amp

SOLUTION!!!!!

I spoke with a Newmar tech. When you have an issue with your outlets & the GFCIs won’t reset there is a sequence you need to follow. This is the sequence for a 2021 Ventana 4037.
#1: reset the one in the 1/2 bath
#2: reset the one under the kitchen cabinets above the cook top
#3: reset in the basement where the central vac and other electrical boxes
#4: reset in the front passenger side basement compartment where you could put a refrigerator.

This sequence solved the problem!

Thanks @B&T RVers for sharing the solution. I had no idea there was a sequence to be followed. I would have just replaced the gfci. Good information.

SOLUTION!!!!!

I spoke with a Newmar tech. When you have an issue with your outlets & the GFCIs won’t reset there is a sequence you need to follow. This is the sequence for a 2021 Ventana 4037.
#1: reset the one in the 1/2 bath
#2: reset the one under the kitchen cabinets above the cook top
#3: reset in the basement where the central vac and other electrical boxes
#4: reset in the front passenger side basement compartment where you could put a refrigerator.

This sequence solved the problem!
Just a side note:
The sequence will likely vary depending on model and year.

What the tech described was the daisy chain the power travels. Like I said earlier on this post. You have to have power to The GFCI to reset or trip it.

What you now know is that the power goes through several GFCI devices. This not only is not necessary, but complicates troubleshooting.

It would appear that the 1/2 bath is the first GFCI in the circuit, and the only GFCI device needed to protect you from death should you become the path to ground. More than one device will not increase your chances of survival.

With a little more testing to verify the devices are in fact daisy chained, you can bet I would be making changes in the system.

Can you figure out what those changes would be?

Latest resources

Back