• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tip Basement lock test

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
In my case, it's not so much that I'm looking for "locked" compartments, as much as it is that I'm looking for compartments that are not latched.

But I still like them locked as a locked compartment is safer (both travel wise and other wise) than an unlocked compartment.

Part of my pre flight checklist is to lock the bay doors so they don't open while underway. I then go check that they are locked. Now if I could remember to unlock them before I step out of the coach to start setting up......

This discussion reminds me of a visit to a southern FL dealership. Sitting around waiting on a salesman, I watched out the window at the lot full of RVs. A "dealer's lot attendant" was moving a new King Air around as the basement doors, obviously left unlatched by the last salesman to show the Coach, went flying opened as he maneuvered around the crowded parking lot. Quite the sight. Made an impression on this RV Newbee at the time.

. I really need to put the emergency pull cable setup in one of these days as not getting one open is not the scenario I want to deal with.

^^THIS^^. I installed the cables several years ago. Never had to use them, but glad they're there.

Latest resources

Back