Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Basement vs. Wet Bay Temps in cold weather (sub-freezing)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I put my two Tempsticks back in play as I had them removed for a while. My solar setup has temp sensors I can run so it's monitoring temps but I reported an issue to the Tempstick manufacturer I was experiencing and they sent me a replacement as they have a newer model so I've been testing. I put one back in the wet bay as I had before and I also put one in the forward right basement back wall to see what the temps are in the basement in super cold weather ops. I'm in Flagstaff where the temps are down to the single digits to mid teens at night.

Interestingly the forward basement area is within one degree of the wet bay at around 51 degrees F. The wet bay has it's own heater tied into OASIS and then there are other heat sources that are helping matters from the OASIS unit putting off heat from the burner and the Inverter which can maintain high temps from normal operation. Nice to know the basement is nowhere near freezing in these conditions so fluids we keep in there are not freezing. This is also where I temporarily store my On The Go Water Softener as the left rear basements are not heated and it freezes in there (Ventana - no side radiator).

Neal, you really need to move to warmer climes in the winter. Too soon old, too late smart..... :ROFLMAO:

I'm thinking Alaska next January? The wildlife should be spectacular. I always wanted to see the abominal snowman :) My new Dometic cooler will be converted into an oven :)

Neal, you really need to move to warmer climes in the winter. Too soon old, too late smart..... :ROFLMAO:

Let's just say my future aspirations of a RV Travel Agency have been quickly abandoned.

Probably best for all...? As far as the basement, I would think it would stay pretty much the same temps front to back with the quality of insulation of the coach and bay doors, at least the bins that have an air passage between them.

Good info, @Neal...and timely for me. We are expecting highs in the mid-teens next week and lows just above zero. And, we're home in Western Washington! Polson is even colder.

Anyway, I've never monitored the basement temps on the new coach, though I do have remote sensors in several locations inside the coach. My remote sensors won't work through the metal doors on the bays. Good to know that it stays well above freezing in the water bay with the Oasis on.

TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back