RV Model
Ventana LE 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
TOW/TOAD
2021 Chevy Trailblazer
Fulltimer
No
At the 2020 Quartzite RV show I made a purchase for a long-wanted solution. Flooded cell battery caps for the house battery bank. I selected the EZ Battery product for the following reasons:
  • Visual indicators for each cell. With a glance and without connecting anything, I can complete a cell water level check of the entire bank in about 10 to 15 seconds.
  • Individual fill ports. I can keep track of individual cell’s watering needs.
  • Able to establish cell fill level based on battery and/or personal preference.
  • Winterizing. Without a manifold and several feet of tubing filled with water, the only thing to winterizing is taking the supply bottle to a warmer environment.
The caps are supplied with a small O-ring that is used as a marker for the float level. I chose to not use them, since the float top was just at the top of the fill port cap, so I use that as my reference.

After only a few months, I am very happy with this solution. Especially the visual aspect of completing the periodic checks. I opted for the bottle pump, which I have yet to connect since the visual indication is that all cells are at the proper level.

6 pack of 1/4-Turn Twist Lock Watering System Battery Caps with Water Level Monitors

FYI...in the background the dual channel battery disconnect can be seen. That was installed since 120VAC is not readily available at the storage site. This has solved the parasitic drain issues.

Attachments

• IMG_7781.JPG
    IMG_7781.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7779.JPG
    IMG_7779.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 22
Cool! Wasn't aware of those.

What a great idea. Had not heard of those before.

I had mine for about two years. A quick scan and you see which batteries water level is low. Save a lot of effort in keeping the batteries top off.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back