RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
Anyone with a 2020 BayStar or BayStar Sport, have a solution for the awning clicking when the engine is started? Two of us left Napannee with the same issue from FPU. Newmar did not have a fix, at that time.

Hello, I have a 2020 baystar 3401 with a similar issue. With the key off, awning works fine, no extra noise or clicking. Once the key is turned on or coach started, (even if the awning is already retracted) the awning clicks for about 2 minutes then stops. You can actually see the motor cycle forward and reverse about an eighth of an inch back and forth thus the noise. The awing works fine both via the switch and the remote and the safety feature works as designed as well. I even called Dometic (9200 model) and their tech support had no idea as to the issue. I can try to upload a short video if needed. The clicking should not be there and we hope to have it in for service sometime this fall. AbdRahim, were you able to resolve this or find an answer? Anyone ?

Thanks in advance

No Newmar had no idea.

How long does yours do the clicking and can you see the motor trying to cycle one way then the other near the front?

I don't think it stops. I have not looked at the awning when this happens. When not using the awning, I pull the fuse.

Well just got word I have a service appointment at Newmar in September. Hope they figure it out while we are there......will report back anything useful.

Well Called Dometic again today, total waste of time. My vibration sensor (wind sensor) is mounted to the hardware arm and I can't remove it. It will slide about an eighth of an inch and hits the motor shaft. So I can't remove it from the base and check the battery. I tried to set off the sensor with some heavy quick movements of the awning arm but nothing happened. So, either the battery is dead or something else is wrong. Dometic was adamant there was no battery inside and it had wires going to it. Mine has no wires and in the instructions shows how to replace the battery......

In earlier post I said it was a 9200 model but its actually a 9100!

Go Figure....

Last edited:
Anyone with a 2020 BayStar or BayStar Sport, have a solution for the awning clicking when the engine is started? Two of us left Napannee with the same issue from FPU. Newmar did not have a fix, at that time.

Hello Again,
Well Newmar called me today and said my awning was finally fixed. Here is what all was done, and then lastly what fixed the issue I had.

1.) Replaced Wind Sensor on awning arm. This was mostly done due to it not working as well as being mounted wrong. You could not slide it open to replace the battery.
2.) Replaced the "turtle" in the basement. This is the turtle shell shaped module in the basement that sends remote signals to the awning.
3.) Replaced the drive motor on the awning.

And the fix! There were 2 red wires hooked up backwards on the turtle. Have not picked up the coach yet but I was assured it was corrected now. By the way, the service and support and communication has been fantastic with Newmar to date!

Cool Frank. Glad to hear they found the problem and fixed yours. When I communicated with Dometic this summer they suggested it was a wiring issue. their response was forwarded to Newmar. It is on my list for the spring. Thanks for getting back to us on this.

Latest resources

Back