DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
For reasons unexplainable, my coach has been targeted by birds here in the sunshine overcast state. Each day I have to hose off the rear cap. No one else has this issue. Just me.

The locals all told me to get a scary owl and place it up there. That will take care of them, they said. So I did.

The result:

IMG_1646.jpeg

Last edited:
Boy, you ARE special. Is your RV stationary or are you just parked for a "time" Birds are creatures of habit. Take away their restroom for a few days and they'll find another. Unless of course, yours is the perfect "perch" 😉 I use one of those owls in my garden and faithfully pick it up and place it upright when the wind blows her over...I think she's friends with the culprits. Blessings

You could use a boating trick!
I always strung monofilament about 2 inches above the spreaders. You could call it the invisible enemy, if you want.

They trip up on landing, or take off, and because they can't see it, they, like us, fear it!!!

Maybe a gargoyle? 🤣

Maybe a jackite bird kite mounted on a pole

If you can find a rubber snake that will deter them. If you can't find a rubber snake a real Diamondback Rattlesnake will work just as well. Training it to stay on the roof may take a while, but it will be fine.

They are mocking me. :mad:

IMG_1648.jpeg

Latest resources

Back