Planning to buy a Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
RV Length
34'8"
TOW/TOAD
Planning to buy an F350 HD or comparable 1-ton truck
Fulltimer
Yes
Hello all,

I have been lurking on this forum for a while, picking up tips and advice, and thought it was time to say "Hi"

My wife and I are planning to retire sometime in the next 12 months, buy an RV and explore Canada and the US on a full-time basis. We have been researching this for the better part of a year and narrowed down our choice to a Grand Design Reflection 5th wheel (320MKS). We will also need to buy a tow vehicle which will likely be an F350HD or comparable truck.

The list price of this particular RV is approx. $110K CAN, and my question is, how much can I expect to negotiate with the dealer on this purchase? Is it unrealistic to get a 30% discount from the list price if I am buying new and paying cash?

Cheers!

I found down here cash did not get me a better deal. The best I have gotten so far was about 21%. Some have done a bit better.

Welcome aboard! Depends on stock and if it is moving or sitting. We wanted the Grand Design Reflection 28 BH for our family and needs. Looked at it one month then when we went back about 1.5 months later to make sure we didn’t see anything else they had dropped the price by $2000 US on the camper. The price was already maybe $15-$18k off MSRP, but we all know that is a game of smoke and mirrors as we looked at several dealers and no matter where, the price for this unit was similar until they dropped it $2000 at this dealer.

The list price of this particular RV is approx. $110K CAN, and my question is, how much can I expect to negotiate with the dealer on this purchase? Is it unrealistic to get a 30% discount from the list price if I am buying new and paying cash?

Cheers!
Hello, and welcome!

I assume this is being purchased at a dealership? My question is about the "cash" offer. Does it really make a difference to the dealership if you offer cash or finance the purchase? I mean, he's getting all his money at purchase time regardless of how you structure the deal, isn't he? And sometimes, a cash offer will negate commissions the finance company might give the dealership for bringing them a new customer, making a cash offer less attractive.

Or have I missed something?

I keep reading that “cash” should not be used in negotiations, don’t mention method of payment until after agreeing on a price.

I found down here cash did not get me a better deal. The best I have gotten so far was about 21%. Some have done a bit better.

Hello, and welcome!

I assume this is being purchased at a dealership? My question is about the "cash" offer. Does it really make a difference to the dealership if you offer cash or finance the purchase? I mean, he's getting all his money at purchase time regardless of how you structure the deal, isn't he? And sometimes, a cash offer will negate commissions the finance company might give the dealership for bringing them a new customer, making a cash offer less attractive.

Or have I missed something?

I keep reading that “cash” should not be used in negotiations, don’t mention method of payment until after agreeing on a price.
Thanks for your perspective re. cash payment. I know that car dealerships prefer customers who finance and wasn't sure if this was the same at RV dealerships. I will definitely keep "payment options" close to the chest when making my final purchase.

Welcome aboard! Depends on stock and if it is moving or sitting. We wanted the Grand Design Reflection 28 BH for our family and needs. Looked at it one month then when we went back about 1.5 months later to make sure we didn’t see anything else they had dropped the price by $2000 US on the camper. The price was already maybe $15-$18k off MSRP, but we all know that is a game of smoke and mirrors as we looked at several dealers and no matter where, the price for this unit was similar until they dropped it $2000 at this dealer.
Thanks for your insight. Other people have mentioned something similar re. moving or sitting inventory. The model we are considering seems to be popular and seldom sits on our local dealership's lot for very long. Sigh...

Latest resources

Back