Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Best add on stabilizer jacks to purchase?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

alaska1949

RVF Newbee
We have a 24 ft Cougar and want to eliminate the jiggle in the trailer as best possible. We have the factory scissor jacks but they don't stabilize the trailer adequately. What are the best most economical sway jacks out there? Thanks bruce

We have a 24 ft Cougar and want to eliminate the jiggle in the trailer as best possible. We have the factory scissor jacks but they don't stabilize the trailer adequately. What are the best most economical sway jacks out there? Thanks bruce
More information please. Fifth, pull trailer???

Welcome to RVF, @alaska1949; glad to have you here with us. I can't offer any assistance on selecting add-on stabilizing jacks, but will say that over the years I have found "best" and "most economical" to be at opposite ends of the scale in most cases. You might contact the folks at...

...and ask for their recommendation.

TJ

Try steady fast stabilizer... The company is fantastic.. The owner will actually call you if you have questions.. Nothing will stop the shaking 100%, but this will make it extremely better... Check out their site and the product... Well made and easy installation....

One thing that helps is to shorten the amount you have to lower the jacks with a block. When I’m hunting I cut a log to within a few inches of the jacks. Preferably ones without termites or ants:) when just traveling a cluster of 2x8 screwed together is a simple solution. There heavy so they do ad weight. Scissor jacks are only Stabile one direction i often wonder if they were designed to be mounted opposite directions from each other if it would help.

you Should also kind of settle the load from corner to corner along with the tongue Jack. Hard to write it out but basically you get it leveled then raise it with one or more jacks and let the other jacks reposition by raising and lowering them then re level it, it’s helps a lot. You’ll see one Jack move quite a bit at times.

one of the things that I"ve found that takes a tremendous amount of movement out of the camper is the x-chock. IT needs to be backed up with decent stabalizers but locking the wheels in place changed things dramatically for me. between 2 x-chocks (likely over kill) and the 4 stabalizers our camper stays pretty close to still.

Latest resources

Back