Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

PANE

RVF Regular
Buying our first travel trailer soon. We want a BH floor plan with entrance through the bathroom. Almost every brand has a similar layout but prices vary widely. Which brands fit and finish is best? We will be towing with a 1/2 ton pickup. Looking fwd to your replies.

PANE

Welcome to RVForums @PANE. Floor plan is typically priority within the brands you feel are best. I'm not familiar with TT's but others here may be able to steer you in the right direction. Welcome to the site.

Grand design and Casita are two that I have researched and would be happy with quality wise.

Welcome,

New or used the Airstream has my heart. I am talking silver bullet not plastic. Resale is better than most, and unless you are where hail is a problem they are great. Arctic Fox has a good following as does Lance, but you now know where my heart is.

Everybody has a bad day. While looking, if things look cheap or not well fit on the outside/inside under the skin it is likely one sick puppy no matter the brand.

As a rule if resale is high on the used market, they are better built than others.

Welcome,

New or used the Airstream has my heart. I am talking silver bullet not plastic. Resale is better than most, and unless you are where hail is a problem they are great. Arctic Fox has a good following as does Lance, but you now know where my heart is.

Everybody has a bad day. While looking, if things look cheap or not well fit on the outside/inside under the skin it is likely one sick puppy no matter the brand.

As a rule if resale is high on the used market, they are better built than others.
Thank

I always thought the best brand was the one you just bought but haven’t taken on a trip yet

I just sold my 2017 Airstream Bambi Sport 22fb and I am buying a Lance because I need to move up in size and the next higher step in Airstream was about 30k more than what I sold mine for. Wasn't in the budgetary cards for us.

But, on the bright side, I get a fully loaded, lifted, boondocked out, 2021 Lance 1985 with extended warranty and no additional funds required.

Loved, loved, loved that beautiful, fragile shelled, silver bullet. But I hope the ability to adequately sleep our grandchildren will more than make up for the change.

Found out first hand that the Airstream did, indeed, as advertised, sell fast and at a reasonable price.

While researching Casita, I ran across a brand called Oliver. Know nothing about them except from the web site but they look well designed, just priced way out of what I want to spend.

That’s kind of a loaded question. After much consideration and looking at being our first and not wanting to invest real heavy until we make sure the camping life is our deal, we bought a FR Grey Wolf. I saw mixed reviews from some bad ones to great ones. I looked at features and what users had to say and decided the Wolf would be our entry point.

Latest resources

Back