RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40"
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
I need to clean the drains on my roof (20121 Ventana). I have a 14’ telescopic ladder. Where is the best place to rest the ladder? The drains are in the corners & I don’t want to get on the roof.

???

People use pool noodles around the ladder parts that will touch the coach.

I need to clean the drains on my roof (20121 Ventana). I have a 14’ telescopic ladder. Where is the best place to rest the ladder? The drains are in the corners & I don’t want to get on the roof.

???
Outrageously priced, but so was my Ventana. I have this on the top of my telescoping ladder to protect the side. Seems to do a good job, as I've had to get up many times to blow off pine needles and stuff. Since I'm heavy, I also put this up against the back cap and mostly climb up my extending ladder, and only use the handrail/top rung or so, of the permanent ladder when getting on the roof.

This might not fit yours, and you can go the pool noodle route that Neal mentioned.

I use the same thing as Tnedator. Just don't lean against any windows, gutters or rails, I would imagine.

I realize you mentioned that you don’t want to get on the roof but that will necessitate moving the ladder four times. Since it’s not a bad idea to check your roof once in a while anyway, I would place the extension ladder between the two extended small sides so that it is somewhat protected from sliding sideways and mount the roof from there. Protect with a pool noodle.

546FCCE7-FDDB-4D6B-9DC1-4C54D47F5647.jpeg
as Jerry said. But leave the extra length above the roof. It helps getting back

Latest resources

Back