Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LSG

RVF Regular
I’m sure this has been covered here but I did not find much.

Its time To apply a roll on roof coating on my travel trailer, if it matters its a 2011 rubber roof I assume they all are now?

Options are mezmorizing. ive used GACO rubber roof coating in the past a number of times with good luck my wife worked for a place that carried it so i got a fairly good discount on it. But I never kept any of these trailers more than three or four years to know.

I willl probably keep this trailer longer

Of course i have now waited for the rain to start and its possible that finding several days to do a multi coat application might be slim so what ever coating i go with it may have to sit a week or so between coats if its a two or three step process Or be a one coat application or something that i can apply coats or steps immediately after the rust step was applied.

This trailer will spend time in Florida and Washington state so i will need a coating that fits the whole gauntlet of exposure. The roof is in decent shape I found two small cuts 1/8” long probably from camping in the woods. Its not chalkey or cracking any where and ther are no noticable signs of leakage inside. I was told and I believe it has spent most of its life in a barn. And it really looks like it.

so what are your thoughts on the best bang for the buck v the best regardless of price as well.

I'm giving this Post and push, I am also looking for a quality roof coating on my 2004 Class C, roof is in good shape but thinning.

I used this per some reviews on other sites. Works for me.
That sounds good and I like its reflective, only worry is that my Rv guy had told me in the past Silicone doesn't seal out water.

Silicone is used as chalk in bathrooms and kitchens, think it seals fine.

I am not arguing about it, but when I had to rebuild the nose on my class C from framing out to new skin My rv guy recommended the Butyl white tape and said silicone is not a good sealer, but that info was pertaining to seems and potential leak spots. After that major project I dont want to have to do something twice.

Thanks I may use it after all my roof plastics are repaired.

I agree that for seams and other issues I would use eterabond tape to repair. Make sure the roof is good repair before a sealer is applied.
There are other coatings that people recommend, I believe dycor Has one also but at a much higher price.

In the 1980s and early 1990s I owned a silicone compounding plant. I've seen many posts that say "Never use silicone." They never tell you which one of the 2000 silicone products you shouldn't use. Obviously they used the wrong one for there project. The Henry Tropicool product, mentioned above is an flowable oxime cure product designed to seal roofs. They offer a 50 year guarantee. That's the right product for the job. I was going to replace the plastic products on my roof, but instead I painted them with the Tropicool.

My class-C has an aluminum roof. It’s one big piece, with seams at all four sides and seal areas for vents. If I use tropicool, should I coat the whole roof? Or just the seams and seal areas?

I put Henry Tropi-Cool on two different trailers. One is used as a park model and one is mine that travels a lot. I only pt it on last year, but so far, no issue what so ever. I have been up on my roof and see no problems with it sealing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back