Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Best service for streaming movies and other programming?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My understanding SL already has a heater for snow/ice, it's in the app settings.

Personally we have been using a Fire stick and Youtubetv. BUT will be changing soon. Youtubetv requires you be in home area once every 90 days. We are full timers and move every 1 - 3 weeks.

Probably gonna try streaming Directtv next. They claim I can go anywhere without problem. Time will tell.

Forgot, you may want some quality HDMI cables (2) too:

3ft (all you need):

Amazon product ASIN B08NX5CZTF
or 6ft:

Amazon product ASIN B08M9HND4F
LOL! Neal and his cables! Go wireless every chance you have, cut the cords! If you don't have smart TVs that can add apps we've gone with the Roku devices and Youtube TV. I know you can add apps and streaming services to the Roku menus. Whether you have smart TVs or a Roku type streaming device (Firestick, Apple TV) just connect to the same Wifi as your new Starlink router and you should be good to go.

I'm using a VPN (FusionHub) and just prior to end of my trip I put all of my Apple TV's on the FusionHub VPN. This will report the IP address of the VPN server and for me that's in Virginia so it will cover me for the location situation. I did get asked about location a few times and just kept answering "temporary". I don't know the path for providing Google feedback on this but I encourage all to do so and remind them some people like RVers are on the move and want to use this service. Just like Starlink adapted, hopefully Google TV can too. I realize a VPN setup is not for most around here.

I spent 3 1/2 months in Tucson and then a month in Texas last year and I just went into Nvidia Shield has a setting for "Location Services" and the choices are "OFF" or Use WIFI Location" I turn it "OFF" and YoutubeTV quit complaining.

Sorry, not familiar with Novida Shield. I use a fire stick for Youtubetv.

For anyone who has Dish, you can use DishAnywhere to stream all of your channels. You can put the app on Firestick but not on Roku or AppleTV. You can also use your Dish credentials to sign in to the networks that have apps. You can also sign in on your computer with dishanywhere.com. Other television services offer similar ways to use your account away from home.
FYI I’m not advocating any service. Just pointing this out in case someone reading isn’t already aware.

Sorry, not familiar with Novida Shield. I use a fire stick for Youtubetv.
Me either but I know it's something fancy that I don't have.

Hope you guys checked with FAA😂. You don'd want Neal tangling into one of your towers?🛩️

Latest resources

Back