Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Best service for streaming movies and other programming?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Costume Party Laugh GIF by Halloween Party
I think someone accidently posted a pic of Phil Drake!

I use an unlimited Hotspot. My shows are thru Amazon Prime (Prime channel and BBC channel) and Netflix.

To choose the channels we subscribe to, we first looked at the shows we actually watch as well as the TYPES of shows we like to watch and HOW we watch. We watch a large amount of British shows. We also like the watch mysteries. We prefer to binge watch on our schedule as opposed to watching on someone else's schedule. We also dislike commercials.

We started out with Amazon Prime (which I had for free shipping for a number of years) and a Firestick (Black Friday Sale). We also logged onto one of my daughters Netflix account for about 6 months. That gave us enough time to go thru a couple of "seasons" and see what Netflix showed and how long they kept the shows available.

For Amazon Prime, we watched the "free-to-Prime-members" and finally decided on the BBC channel as they had most of the BBC shows we liked. Acorn has the other batch of British shows and in some cases, the other half of the series (and what really bugs me is to watch several seasons of a show on BBC only to discover the rest of the seasons are on Acorn). I've tried watching a few of the "free" channels but I don't like all the commercials. So far, after a few years, I think I might add Acorn. I think the Prime/BBC/Acorn/Netflix combo is all we would actually watch enough to make it worthwhile. I have bought online movies and series from Amazon as well.

I also buy "complete" series seasons and movies on physical Bluray/DVDs that I REALLY like thru Redbox kiosks ($5 or less for a used movie) and Amazon. Because not all shows and movies are always online (removed). And some have never been. Also I prefer the discs because internet isn't always available (there is no cell reception up at Indian Boundary, so when it rained, we stuck a disc in the machine, nor is there cellphone reception in the hollow where my Mom's house is although there is in the main valley). I use a free program called Ant Movie Catalog to keep track of which of the 3" thick binders my movies are in. Removing the discs from the cases helps to take up less space. Plus the used movies from the Redbox kiosk comes in a thin plastic cover with "Redbox" emblazoned on it just like all the rentals do. Not something I want to keep. I have well over 350 movies and TV series in my collections. And yes, I do cycle thru them all about once a year. I like to watch movie sequels back-to-back.

Latest resources

Back