Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
6.7 ISB 360/800
TOW/TOAD
2001 Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
No
Ive been hauling NED around for several year (last three coaches), always made room for it, never cared about the space and weight, but I also almost never use it. I’ve helped others with low tires, filled a couple air mattresses and water toys (also for others) but for me its just been a stand-by. So for that I could just as well carry a ”tankless” compressor, save the space and weight, and Viair seems to be the choice.

The question is which model? Theres about 50 choices and all I want is the ability to top off 22.5 tires in a reasonable amount of time. Price isnt a consideration as none of the single units would be over budget and I dont think I need a dual unit system. So……suggestions?

Attachments

• 8349729E-AC71-4321-88DE-F63E791E06CC.jpeg
    8349729E-AC71-4321-88DE-F63E791E06CC.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
I have had viaair products and found them to be reliable, but very slow for large tires. I drove a jeep off road and routinely air my 37s down to 7psi, and then back to 30psi for road.

Doing 4 tires with the via air single compressor (450P-RVS) took well over 30 minutes.

I upgraded to a dual compressor ARB twin, and the time is down to 6 minutes.

For testing purposes, I lowered my steer tires on the RV to 85Psi, and the aired both simultaneously to 115psi using my custom air connection to ensure perfectly balanced air. This took 5 minutes with the ARB. The via air was 38minutes.

thank you - this is valuable info. Glad I asked!

Ive been hauling NED around for several year (last three coaches), always made room for it, never cared about the space and weight, but I also almost never use it. I’ve helped others with low tires, filled a couple air mattresses and water toys (also for others) but for me its just been a stand-by. So for that I could just as well carry a ”tankless” compressor, save the space and weight, and Viair seems to be the choice.

The question is which model? Theres about 50 choices and all I want is the ability to top off 22.5 tires in a reasonable amount of time. Price isnt a consideration as none of the single units would be over budget and I dont think I need a dual unit system. So……suggestions?

Like you, I’ve hauled around a compressor for years and can’t remember the last time I used it as all I really do it top off a tire with 3-4psi every now and then. I’m a big fan of Makita 18v tools and have their drills, saws, blowers etc so I only need one type of charger/battery combo.
This little guy:
Gives me just what I need. Sure it’s slow but it will put 5psi in my large rv tires in 5 minutes, it’s extremely small and totally portable going from wheel-to-wheel. Wouldn’t be without it and the drill & blower that I also carry along as companions.

And, you don’t need an air hose!

I have had viaair products and found them to be reliable, but very slow for large tires. I drove a jeep off road and routinely air my 37s down to 7psi, and then back to 30psi for road.

Doing 4 tires with the via air single compressor (450P-RVS) took well over 30 minutes.

I upgraded to a dual compressor ARB twin, and the time is down to 6 minutes.

For testing purposes, I lowered my steer tires on the RV to 85Psi, and the aired both simultaneously to 115psi using my custom air connection to ensure perfectly balanced air. This took 5 minutes with the ARB. The via air was 38minutes.
For whatever reason, ARB doesn't seem to list max psi specs for their compressors. Also hacent been successful getting them to reply to my questions. Do you know the max psi of the ARB units?

I LOVE my Viair compressor. It has saved me. I have the 450p-rvs and highly recommend it. I will embarrassingly share that the past 4 years I have connected the battery clamps to ONE house battery and airing the tires took forever. A few weeks ago @NWIP noticed and told me to use the red clamp on one battery and the black on another since the Viair is 12v and house batteries are 6v. I am now able to air my tires much quicker now. What a difference.

Ive done the same thing with my flo-jet

For whatever reason, ARB doesn't seem to list max psi specs for their compressors. Also hacent been successful getting them to reply to my questions. Do you know the max psi of the ARB units?
150psi max working pressure.

Latest resources

Back