• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Big decline in RV shipments for Feb 2023

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It would be interesting to see the unit numbers for the same period before Covid.
Although we are seeing higher interest rates and pricing I would guess that factories ramped up to meet the Covid demand that is pretty much over now and the average worker went from the freedom to travel most of the year to two or three weeks vacation a year. This is a large part of the massive layoffs recently seen in the RV industry.

On our cross country tour thru Canada last year we occasionally stayed in commercial campgrounds or RV parks. (We normally stay in provincial parks or municipal campgrounds). We were surprised by how many sites were taken up by park models. That and large fifth wheels that haven’t moved in years. Even motorhomes with grass growing up around the tires. Sad to see all those sites no longer available for campers.
Talked to a bunch of operators and many said that they were seeing more smaller rigs on the road. (We are tiny at an 18 foot trailer). But we saw lots of 20 to 24 footers on the road. Not sure if it’s indicative of a shift but just something we noticed. Lots of SUV’s towing little trailers as well. It might just be where we were touring. Provincial parks don’t have big sites so it kind of makes sense.

Jmho.

Cheers.

I would imagine for some, it's fuel prices waffling and seeming to stangnat at way too high resulting in spending a small to medium fortune on diesel every year to get your rig moved around.

I would imagine for some, it's fuel prices waffling and seeming to stangnat at way too high resulting in spending a small to medium fortune on diesel every year to get your rig moved around.
Yah I would think fuel prices have a big effect. This was last summer and I think it was pretty expensive across the country. Our tow vehicle is electric so we didn’t pay close attention although we noticed big variances in gas and diesel across the country. I think the price has come down since then although not sure.

Cheers.

More and more,we see (camp grounds) half full of seasonal residents campers and no one is there till the weekend or holidays ,just a sign of the times. 🙄

They are the exact same poor construction. Not made to live in full time. No real way to keep bugs and rodents out of them.

Latest resources

Back