Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No

And according to the article, park models are up 62% over last year - a definite sign of the times.

And according to the article, park models are up 62% over last year - a definite sign of the times.
Forgive my ignorance, what is a park model RV?

Forgive my ignorance, what is a park model RV?
Its a tow behind trailer designed to stay long term in a RV or mobile home park, not campgrounds, usually around 40’. They look more like a small single wide mobile home than an RV type trailer. More along the lines of what we now call tiny homes.

So the fact that all other towable RV‘s are down by 58% and park models are up by 62% is an interesting development to ponder.

I have seen those on the side of the highway, but I didn't realize they were considered RV's. Learn something new everyday, thanks!

I watched Park Models get built at Palm Creek RV resort. Essentially two "trailer home" "thingies" side by side and connected to make a home. It's typically RVers that like the amenities of RV resorts (and activities) like Palm Creek and decide to just stay put there. It's an interesting aspect from the financial side, what little I know, as to what you own vs. rent.

To me, park models take spots that were originally for rv’s and somewhat ruin the rv experience. I guess they generate more income/profit for the park owners or the numbers wouldn’t be on the rise. I’m not into the “mixed use” Rv park.

True, that's the sad part about Palm creek is it's very affordable camping where some like to winter and it seems they are going to do away with RV sites and make them all park models.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back