Welcome to RVForums.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Bike Rack for the 2027 InTech SOL Dawn

Welcome to our community

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

SolDawn

RVF Newbee
Joined
Sep 15, 2026
Messages
1
Location
North Carolina
RV Year
2027
RV Make
InTech
RV Model
2027 SOL Dawn
RV Length
17’
Chassis
Intech Chassis
What bike rack would work best on the 2027 SOL Dawn. Our bikes are 2 40lb REI CoOp Mt Bikes? We are concerned about using our hitch mount on the back of the trailer due to sway. Thoughts? Thanks!!
 
What bike rack would work best on the 2027 SOL Dawn. Our bikes are 2 40lb REI CoOp Mt Bikes? We are concerned about using our hitch mount on the back of the trailer due to sway. Thoughts? Thanks!!
Not only sway but they'll catch all hell back there. I was behind a little Casita with bikes on a rear rack and every little bump in the road was causing complete chaos back there.
 
Look at Cravot. I bought a heavy duty e-Bike hitch rack for my 2 30lbs bikes and it works well. I prefer the version with the mounting bars instead of the ones that lock onto the wheels.

I had to add a 7" extension to mine to get it to clear the rear ladder when folded up and not being used.
 
I’d verify the bike rack is rated for being on the back of the trailer. Some of them are not certified for that use.

As stated above it is different than mounting in the back of a vehicle directly.

We have a 1-Up rack that is rated for RV mounting. Not inexpensive but solid aluminum and very sturdy.
 
I’d verify the bike rack is rated for being on the back of the trailer. Some of them are not certified for that use.

As stated above it is different than mounting in the back of a vehicle directly.

We have a 1-Up rack that is rated for RV mounting. Not inexpensive but solid aluminum and very sturdy.
The dynamics on the rear of a trailer are much different than on the front or rear of the towing vehicle or a Class A,B or C. So yeah, the hitch back there needs to be bullit proof and frame mounted.
 
What bike rack would work best on the 2027 SOL Dawn. Our bikes are 2 40lb REI CoOp Mt Bikes? We are concerned about using our hitch mount on the back of the trailer due to sway. Thoughts? Thanks!!
Flyer Pursue here..I hear you as I had the same thoughts of sway and wobbles back there on the RV as the RV doesn't ride as smooth as the tow vehicle. After consulting with eTrailer (Jameson) and bought their bike rack #KU88ZR for one bike (they have for 2) to mount my Fiido T1 Pro e-Bike. It did have some wobbles to and fro so I ended up taking my RV with the rack on back along with the bike to a licensed aluminum welder (RV frame is all aluminum) to have some modifications done. Without welding the rack on the RV so it can be removeable I had them to weld on some tubing on each side underneath the RV to fit snuggling under each end of the bike rack. Also welded on a middle post on top of the rack's tongue that goes in the receiver hitch. After securing with velcro/buckle straps..I'm happy as it's more firmly secured. Hope the pictures comes out for clarification what's been done. With this model RV I have..in order for the bike to fit properly..had to loosen the top bolt to turn the handbars to flush with the back end. Hope this helps as it did for me.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4442.jpeg
    IMG_4442.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4440.jpeg
    IMG_4440.jpeg
    560.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4439.jpeg
    IMG_4439.jpeg
    569 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4438.jpeg
    IMG_4438.jpeg
    555.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4436.jpeg
    IMG_4436.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4437.jpeg
    IMG_4437.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom