• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Binoculars for RVing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Tasco 10X42 for all around viewing and a Mead 105mm Cassegrain Telescope with a upright correcting angled eye piece for really looking at something. It works better than my spotting scope.

Tasco 10X42 for all around viewing and a Mead 105mm Cassegrain Telescope with a upright correcting angled eye piece for really looking at something. It works better than my spotting scope.
Link?

Link for the Telescope? All of the newer ones have the auto seek computerized functions and aren't really that portable. I found mine at a thrift shop used and abused and had to restore it. It mounts to a Camera tripod so easy to transport. As you probably know, those things show everything upside down and backwards. The erecting prism eyepiece was just a web search and had to make an adaptor to fit. I have a lathe so that was easy. People at the shooting ranges have offered to buy it from me but I don't think I'll ever let it go. it's just too handy and clear.

What are you guys looking at?
We sit in the golf cart down the street from our lot at the Caloosahatchee river and spot gators or at the pond across from our lot. Sometimes the yachts going down the Caloosahatchee or birds around the rv park.
Just a pair of $40 binoculars I bought at Walmart when we forgot the ones I've had for decades.
At home it's deer, bobcats, and a mountain lion one time in the field behind our back yard.

Latest resources

Back