Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

tjayne

RVF Regular
I have a Jayco 4 sessions. Cold temps likely causing this. Just not sure what to do about it. The lever that pulls the main value open was stuck. Heated it with a space heater and got it to pull out. However, nothing coming out of the tanks (grey or black). Had the lever pulled out in wet bay, as well as the main valve. Suspect 15-20 degree temps may be a factor. Now using my propane furnace more than the electric fireplace. Thought that might help heat up the underbelly. Any suggestions?

I suggest you be careful around the piping, it is ABS(black pipe) and brittle when hot let alone cold. If you can enclose the underbelly where the tanks and piping are you can get heat onto it with a space heater. I have been to 2 units, both 4 seasons, lol, in the last 2 days. Totally frozen all the way to the sewer connection in the ground. Other then getting them warmed up and flowing some, running hot water thru them, and then getting them pitched properly with no sags to cause another plug, thats about all you can do. When it is cold out this is also a result of letting your water drip or slowly flow. I do not endorse that practice and they say it on the news here every day it is cold.

I have a Jayco 4 sessions. Cold temps likely causing this. Just not sure what to do about it. The lever that pulls the main value open was stuck. Heated it with a space heater and got it to pull out. However, nothing coming out of the tanks (grey or black). Had the lever pulled out in wet bay, as well as the main valve. Suspect 15-20 degree temps may be a factor. Now using my propane furnace more than the electric fireplace. Thought that might help heat up the underbelly. Any suggestions?
Be very careful when pulling the T-Handles when there is any resistance on them especially when cold. You can pull the handle free from the valve and now you will have a hole new set of problems and will have to replace the valves.

There is a video, maybe on this site, maybe you can find it on the net, but it's an idea someone has to drill a small hole and spray in a lubricant.

There is a video, maybe on this site, maybe you can find it on the net, but it's an idea someone has to drill a small hole and spray in a lubricant.
But when you make poop Sickles you will just have to wait till you can warm it all up.

The cheapest fix is use the furnace to keep the all weather system working!

And don't leave drains open with the water trickling. Get the low spots out of the drain lines, you don't need a P trap in these temps.

Latest resources

Back