• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Blackvue DR900S-2CH Dashcam DEAD!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The $75 paid covers shipping back to Korea and then back to me when done. Blackvue takes care of everything arranging DHL, customs forms, etc. Very fair service to be able to repair a $500 camera for a small fee which includes shipping both ways.

Blackvue received the defective dashcam yesterday in S. Korea, replaced the defective power board and it's on the way back to me now. 1 day turn-around as they advertised 1-2 days.

Great customer service. Well worth the $75 vs. another $500.

That’s excellent customer service, and fairly priced too. Glad to hear it in case the DR900S we have experiences any problems.

TJ

Final report:

Blackvue repair arrived two days after they sent it so it got to me expediently which was nice. Today I got it from a shipment home to me in Oregon and it's back in the car and running great.

So, is this still the go to camera for you guys? I've procrastinated, but want to get one for my RV? Do you do anything for side views of the RV or just out the windshield?

In my opinion - yes. If I was buying again I'd do the same.

A little weirded out about the camera shooting back into the RV. I guess the theory there is you have proof you were paying attention and the like.

A little weirded out about the camera shooting back into the RV. I guess the theory there is you have proof you were paying attention and the like.
Not sure what you're talking about here. The camera only faces forward, or where you aim it.

Not sure what you're talking about here. The camera only faces forward, or where you aim it.
The new one you linked to above, is a 2 channel model, that has two cameras. UHD facing forward, and a lower res, low light camera facing back. I guess the original model you have didn't have the rear facing one. I know a lot of Uber and other drivers like the rear facing camera as proof that they didn't do anything wrong.

Latest resources

Back