• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Blackvue DR900S Dashcam 4K camera

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thanks, @Neal. I just ordered that microSD card and the BlackVue 900S 1-channel unit. When it gets here, I'll probably need some help getting it up and running. Stay tuned!

TJ
Me too! Get it on Friday! ?

I’ve been giving this some more thought....

I thought of purchasing a model that has the rear camera as well - was originally going to buy just a front camera unit. This way I can move the front unit to the jeep when not in the motorhome. As I was thinking about wiring, I thought... why not pull some extra wire from the front overhead of the motorhome, down the pillar, out the bottom of the coach to the rear of the motorhome? Then on the jeep, install a plug that goes behind the glove box to be able to switch connections (either connected to front unit on jeep, or plug installed in front of jeep to connect the motorhome ) as I move the front camera between motorhome and jeep. This way I can still and record the rear camera on my towed jeep while in the motorhome.

I can’t think of any downside to this type of installation. Maybe have to use thicker wire for the rear camera runs and a waterproof connection between motorhome and jeep?

Thoughts?

Latest resources

Back