• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Blackvue DR900S Dashcam 4K camera

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Here is a sample video I have on YouTube.

Thanks @NWIP. Looks like another nice unit. Colors and clarity look great.

Hard decision to make! I’m leaning towards the Viofo A129 Pro, since it uses a capacitor (better for cars that get hot) and you can get a Bluetooth button for your dash to save a video.

Remember that thread about the forums enticing you to trade in your coach more often? Well, how about a thread about forums enticing you to buy other stuff?

Now I’m thinking of buying a dedicated dash cam for the coach. The VanTrue I have is really nice, but I have to take it down to access the memory card, and plug it in to a card reader to download the videos. Not a real problem in the Jeep or Mini, but near the top of the windshield on the coach is an issue. So looking for one that can transfer the videos via WiFi or Bluetooth to my iPhone or iPad.

I know the BlackVue has WiFi, but I noticed that it only comes with a cigarette lighter cord. On their website, the only other cord is a direct wire. I would really prefer a USB cord, as that’s what I’ll have available in the center of the dash (requested special). Does the BlackVue run on 12v, as opposed to 5v?

...Well, how about a thread about forums enticing you to buy other stuff?

...Now I’m thinking of buying a dedicated dash cam for the coach.

We all know how cars are around trucks and RV's. When someone cuts you off and then even slams on the brakes and you rear-end them, you're going to need video evidence. It's a small price to pay for protection as well as security. Mine is always on so it's recording even while stationary at the CG.

You could use the power magic pro like I use in my toad which converts the cigarette lighter plug to wires. Or just add a 12V receptacle which is easy too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008B8ERIO/?tag=rvf01-20

I bought the Blackvue kit with power magic pro for the toad:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C3H8YXB/?tag=rvf01-20

I would not get a dashcam with less then 4K video. When you need to read a license plate you'll regret being cheap and not getting the best video.

Wow! The video images posted by Turbopilot and NWIP are really crisp! OK...OK...let go of my arm guys...I'll order one!

TJ

Well, how about a thread about forums enticing you to buy other stuff?

Jeeps and RV’s.... there is *always* something that you didn’t know you needed. :)

If I remember correctly from discussions at our previous roost, the BlackVue 900S was a little finicky about the brand/type of microSD card at 128 GB. I did a search there, but couldn't find that particular discussion. Is this still true with today's 900S and, if so, any recommended 128 GB microSD cards known to work with that unit?

TJ

If I remember correctly from discussions at our previous roost, the BlackVue 900S was a little finicky about the brand/type of microSD card at 128 GB. I did a search there, but couldn't find that particular discussion. Is this still true with today's 900S and, if so, any recommended 128 GB microSD cards known to work with that unit?

Here is what I use and have had no issues:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FCMKK5X/?tag=rvf01-20

Thanks, @Neal. I just ordered that microSD card and the BlackVue 900S 1-channel unit. When it gets here, I'll probably need some help getting it up and running. Stay tuned!

TJ

Latest resources

Back