Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I just thought of this in the security camera discussion going on and since it's Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale weekend those interested may want to check to see if you can get a deal on this now. I learned of this Dashcam watching @turbopilot coach videos and was impressed with the quality but also the continuous recording which my Garmin 65W didn't have I later learned. I bought the single channel Blackvue DR900 for the coach as I can't see how I'd get a rear camera wired in 41 ft back. I then bought a two channel for the toad but waited 6 months to install it as things like this in a car seem daunting, in the end it was very easy. I'll document the install at a later time but I love love love this dashcam. I use separate email accounts for the two dashcams to avoid paying a subscription.

Single channel Blackvue for coach:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZPS1LQ/?tag=rvf01-20

Dual channel (2 x cameras) for toad (with power magic pro):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C3H8YXB/?tag=rvf01-20

Buy a 128 GB SD card separately, do not buy with the dashcam as the prices are outrageous!

Curious where you decided to position your dashcam in the coach. Down by the dash, or up high by the overheads?

Curios where you decided to position your dashcam in the coach.

It is centered and at top just below the blue tint. So it and the wire is out of site and works great there. They give you plenty of wire so I ran it to the side pillar and down under the dash then into a 12V receptacle I added.

I have a Vantrue 2CH that I use in the car, and just move it from the car to the coach when we travel. I did request a special for the upcoming coach for USB outlets in the center dash by the windshield. Both cameras are on the same unit, so in the coach we can get some hilarious footage of our adventures.

Does it have picture stabilization? The specs do not mention stabilization.

Does it have picture stabilization? The specs do not mention stabilization.

Not that I'm aware of but I also have seen no need for it.

Would love to see a sample video to get an idea of what the picture looks like through the motorhome windshield. Does it give you mirror to mirror coverage?

I have this dash cam and have liked it. It is loop recording, and you can set the length of (10min). I used on Alaska trip and was nice as we would mark the time then go back once we stopped for the day and look at the wildlife we had see.

Inexpensive but good quality, with BT download and zoom feature.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075QBPJ96/?tag=rvf01-20 have

Here is a sample video I have on YouTube.

Latest resources

Back