Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

pamgregory45

RVF Newbee
Any advice on how to deal with old bleach spot in tan/beige carpet? It the slide carpet right in front of fridge in 2017 Allegro Red 37pa. We are buying this coach and I know this spot will drive me crazy!

I know this sounds crazy, but many years ago I got a Koolaid stain out of a beige carpet with bleach, let it dry then made a strong cup of tea (dark) and poured that hot on the bleached out spot And worked it in and into the knap. With a little work I was able to make that spot nearly invisible. Worse case, you can always bleach back out and try again. You can also find fabric dyes (I think Rit used to be common years ago) and attempt the same procedure. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

A few suggestions.
Make the spot, look INTENTIONAL by spreading spots around on the carpet.
Try hiding the spot.
Or my old time favorite, put real flooring down. I never would replace carpet, I am in favor of real wood or cork.

I know this sounds crazy, but many years ago I got a Koolaid stain out of a beige carpet with bleach, let it dry then made a strong cup of tea (dark) and poured that hot on the bleached out spot And worked it in and into the knap. With a little work I was able to make that spot nearly invisible. Worse case, you can always bleach back out and try again. You can also find fabric dyes (I think Rit used to be common years ago) and attempt the same procedure. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Lol I will definitely try that!

If it's small, a SHARPIE in the correct carpet color will hide the bleach spot. Sharpies come in many colors these days. Go to Hobby Lobby and match. Good luck, Blessings

Any advice on how to deal with old bleach spot in tan/beige carpet? It the slide carpet right in front of fridge in 2017 Allegro Red 37pa. We are buying this coach and I know this spot will drive me crazy!
Consider just replacing the carpet? New it up and make it yours.

Actually...I like Neal's idea better😉

I like Neal's idea better as well! And all the other ideas will give me time to figure out the best folks to replace RV carpet. Can I just hire anyone to replace the carpet or do I need to look for a specialty company? I'm located near Somerset, KY, half way between Lexington and Knoxville, TN.

I had Newmar do mine but I think anyone that can do carpet should be able to do it. I don't think there is anything special about carpet in a RV as long as the furniture etc. can be moved out of the way.

Latest resources

Back