Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

BLM closing lands east of Phoenix (2024)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Well, aren't you just full of good news?

No motorized vehicles. I wonder if this is a carbon footprint thing? And is Quartzite on their horizon too?

Let's analyze this!!!

The locals have horses!

The locals are complaining because far to many boondockers, are taking up residence and are not caring for their waste products.

They are saying, We have to police the area and no taxes are being collected for our efforts.

Also some comments made alluded to more "control "

Honestly I am conflicted!!! As a host In the past, rangers do nothing with the reports they get from the hosts. On the other side, what weekend warriors leave behind can literally make you sick just thinking about it!!! And the mess left behind by some boondockers (residence), no one should have to clean up!!!

I also know the government makes no effort to manage our land unless there is tax or a volunteer they can exploit to do it for them!!!

So it really is all about control and the money!!! I can only pray that the rumors floating around about our government comes into play very soon!!!

And no Rich, they make a nifty income from the LTVAs, so it is highly unlikely they will destroy their gravy train!!!

We’ll see. It’s easy to imagine some other agenda taking precedent in an atmosphere of conflicting loyalties. The LTVA revenue stream is, I am sure, considered trivial compared to the aspirations of certain camps. But I do agree that unregulated “free parking” often leads to the destruction of said area, as anyone who has visited Slab City can attest.

How sad. I love the area and was hoping to return one day once the Apache Trail had been reopened from Tortilla Flat to Teddy Roosevelt Lake. But I understand the destruction and garbage issue. We are camped at Blue Cloud just west of Parker Arizona. Been here four days now. I have not seen a patrol and I'm sure there are folks that have been here longer than 14 days (a couple look like they could have been here for a month) plus, so far, we have packed out two large bags of trash just from the arroyo next to us. People need to respect the land or it will all be lost!

Darrell

How sad. I love the area and was hoping to return one day once the Apache Trail had been reopened from Tortilla Flat to Teddy Roosevelt Lake. But I understand the destruction and garbage issue. We are camped at Blue Cloud just west of Parker Arizona. Been here four days now. I have not seen a patrol and I'm sure there are folks that have been here longer than 14 days (a couple look like they could have been here for a month) plus, so far, we have packed out two large bags of trash just from the arroyo next to us. People need to respect the land or it will all be lost!

Darrell
California side? Was just up there today.

So if human waste is an issue, will they have horsey poo bags so folks can clean up after their horses? This has agenda (not so hidden) written all over it. And Kevin, they aren't rumors, they're truths that have yet to be fully exposed.

How many of you provided comment when this change was in a proposal stage? The folks that wanted this change did and in droves I bet.

So if human waste is an issue, will they have horsey poo bags so folks can clean up after their horses? This has agenda (not so hidden) written all over it. And Kevin, they aren't rumors, they're truths that have yet to be fully exposed.
Horses eat hay and such, there poop breaks down quickly, unlike human poop.
Its sad that folks have a great resource to use for boondocking and some ruin it for all. No different then the homeless rving on the streets of LA

Latest resources

Back