Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

BLM closing lands east of Phoenix (2024)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
So if human waste is an issue, will they have horsey poo bags so folks can clean up after their horses? This has agenda (not so hidden) written all over it. And Kevin, they aren't rumors, they're truths that have yet to be fully exposed.
🤣
I am cryptic because I want my posts to stay up!!! Many have their own term for such action! Over 80% of the people know what I posted as a fact, the rest, let's call them members of the party of "ignorance is bliss", would call me a c__________ _________t, but that is fine with me!

Thank you for letting me know I am not alone here!
I am trying hard to keep everything about RV life, and information.

As a side note the BLM it is rumored in talks to close public land and give it to some big corporations. In exchange for what??? Hummmm!!! Only we can speculate, and I can only hope that the rumors are true!!!

God bless!!!

Attachments

• 01 03 January 01 2024 Blue Cloud BLM.jpg
    01 03 January 01 2024 Blue Cloud BLM.jpg
    992.5 KB · Views: 7
It's happening in certain areas of California as well. As you know, this is NOT a "State" thing but a "Federal" issue. And if you have turned on the news anytime in the recent past you know what a mess it is. One thing is for certain...this is planned and strategic IMHO. Sorry Neal about the political slant, but politics is infringing on Boondocking on Federal Land. And the proposals indicate this is just the "tip of the iceberg" . Blessings all...

Well, I think the smart thing for any boondocking is getting permission. Whether it's BLM or a land owner. It is probably going to take work but off grid joy is going to require it.

I don't see it as political but more so it's just government controlled land and we have to know how to use it properly and understand it may go away. It may come back too.

When I see people destroying our lands, taking up residence, or any other abuse I always report it. If we don't we all lose. Also in this National governance of our public lands the emphasis is on turning many areas back to no motorized travel. Utah is experiencing the same problem and it is costing their business's a lot of money if not putting them out of business.

Let's analyze this!!!

The locals have horses!

The locals are complaining because far to many boondockers, are taking up residence and are not caring for their waste products.

They are saying, We have to police the area and no taxes are being collected for our efforts.

Also some comments made alluded to more "control "

Honestly I am conflicted!!! As a host In the past, rangers do nothing with the reports they get from the hosts. On the other side, what weekend warriors leave behind can literally make you sick just thinking about it!!! And the mess left behind by some boondockers (residence), no one should have to clean up!!!

I also know the government makes no effort to manage our land unless there is tax or a volunteer they can exploit to do it for them!!!

So it really is all about control and the money!!! I can only pray that the rumors floating around about our government comes into play very soon!!!

And no Rich, they make a nifty income from the LTVAs, so it is highly unlikely they will destroy their gravy train!!!
Sorry Kevin what is LTVAs?

Long Term Visitor Area

We’ll see. It’s easy to imagine some other agenda taking precedent in an atmosphere of conflicting loyalties. The LTVA revenue stream is, I am sure, considered trivial compared to the aspirations of certain camps. But I do agree that unregulated “free parking” often leads to the destruction of said area, as anyone who has visited Slab City can attest.
DING DING DING ..... we have a winner!

BLM, SEC maneuvering to sell off public lands; future of camping could be significantly impacted
A fresh hint at the underlying motive for the change can be found in an obscure notice published in the Federal Register, not by the BLM but by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), on October 4, 2023. The notice declared the intent to formulate a new SEC rule that would create a new investment vehicle called a “Natural Asset Company” (NAC), which would provide opportunities for elite investors and governments to profit from the protection of natural resources. The arcane proposal enables the so-called “conservation leases” alluded to in the earlier BLM-proposed “Conservation and Landscape Health” rule.

More detail here ... BLM closing lands east of Phoenix (2024)

DING DING DING ..... we have a winner!

BLM, SEC maneuvering to sell off public lands; future of camping could be significantly impacted
A fresh hint at the underlying motive for the change can be found in an obscure notice published in the Federal Register, not by the BLM but by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), on October 4, 2023. The notice declared the intent to formulate a new SEC rule that would create a new investment vehicle called a “Natural Asset Company” (NAC), which would provide opportunities for elite investors and governments to profit from the protection of natural resources. The arcane proposal enables the so-called “conservation leases” alluded to in the earlier BLM-proposed “Conservation and Landscape Health” rule.

More detail here ... BLM closing lands east of Phoenix (2024)
So I am confident it could be fixed by real honest BLM agents doing their jobs! However I have hosted to help them with their shrinking budget. They had no desire, I mean none, in keeping the land in their charge from being trashed!!!

It may be true, if you close off public lands to anyone that has a small purse, then only the elite will have the land as their playground.

Truth is, during the time I hosted the worst offenders was an outing of Maricopa County sheriffs, not the public groups you might expect!!!

All is good though! Look there, not here!

Latest resources

Back