• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Blue Ox Cable - Check Connections

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yes I know I ordered it from amazon using your link I was expecting the sealed ends! Now I guess this saves me from changing the Toad connections........I just don't understand WHY they sent me this one and not the new one

I think I would return it and request the new style. Changing the connections at the toad end will be a lot better than dealing with the water intrusion down the line.

TJ

Yes I agree BUT how do I do that, in other words Amazon will take it back but how do I tell them to send me the new style coil with the sealed ends. I guess what happens is they have old and new mixed in there inventory and you get what you get.

Start a return and just put "No longer needed" if you have Prime it should be a free return. My hunch is one of two things: 1) The vendor that filled the order was not blue ox and had stock of the old style like when I went to find one locally after forgetting to plug it in (or it detached) and I grinded the end off, or 2) They are out of the new style due to covid inventory issues and backfilling with the old ones. Doubt that though...

I would want the new one, they are redesigned for a reason such as water intrusion and corroding the connections. The other option is order another one and see what happens and return one OR contact blue ox and see what they say.

This is one of the shortcomings of Amazon; you sometimes get new (old stock) aka "NOS." In checking on the Blue Ox website, they no longer show the old version with metal fittings. And, yes; theIr price is higher, but you know what you'll get.

In checking on Amazon, the one @Neal linked to is sold by "Amazon.com." That means it comes from stock in the Amazon warehouse. Since the Blue Ox P/N is the same for the old and new versions (BX 88206), that warehouse stock probably includes both old and new versions. The warehouse people don't know the difference; they just go by PN.

I checked several of the 30 other alternate sellers listed on Amazon with that item and it appears that many...possibly all...of them are showing the old style. My guess is that Blue Ox closed out the old version to a close-out buyer that offered them to resellers at a lesser price.

So, to be guaranteed of getting a new style BX88206 cord, buying from Blue Ox is the safe bet. Otherwise, keep returning and re-ordering until the right version shows up. That would be a PITA, so if it was me, I would order directly from Blue Ox to be sure of getting the one you want.

Too bad that manufacturers/suppliers don't change their PN when a new version comes out. Just adding "-B" or "-2" would solve the problem.

TJ

The picture on amazon has always been old style. Not what I received.

Start a return and just put "No longer needed" if you have Prime it should be a free return. My hunch is one of two things: 1) The vendor that filled the order was not blue ox and had stock of the old style like when I went to find one locally after forgetting to plug it in (or it detached) and I grinded the end off, or 2) They are out of the new style due to covid inventory issues and backfilling with the old ones. Doubt that though...

I would want the new one, they are redesigned for a reason such as water intrusion and corroding the connections. The other option is order another one and see what happens and return one OR contact blue ox and see what they say.
I will contact BlueOX on Monday and see what they say, I just have a feeling that if I order another one the same thing might happen Ill get stuck with an old style one, I still have the old one that shredded, Im going to see if I can fix that one...........Ill show you when Im done!

I’m ordering a replacement. I’d like to get another air cable too, can anyone find that on Amazon also? I can’t find it.

A
I’m ordering a replacement. I’d like to get another air cable too, can anyone find that on Amazon also? I can’t find it.
Are you asking about the coiled air hose for the Air Force One braking system?

TJ

Latest resources

Back